Cyclone 6 station turret - Help

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Cyclone 6 station turret - Help

Post by Lone_Ranger » Mon 12 Nov , 2007 12:46 pm

I have a Cyclone lathe with Fanuc OT C control that is fitted with a Baruffaldi 6 station turret.

My problem is I can`t get the turret "homed", I am able to get the turret to move out, rotate and go back in and lock using the 6 position rotary switch and the activate button on the bottom front of the lathe, every time I try to operate the turret I get a "Turret Positioning Failure" alarm.

Tried programs with tool change in and no go, also tried MDI setup of a tool change and again the same situation.

So to sum up, the turret will actually perform the required actions but will not set in position according to the control although the turret is physically set and locked in a position!!

Is there some sort of sequence that has to be gone through to set up the turret before running the machine?? It just seems to have somehow "lost" where it should be??

I have all the manuals (4 of them including the Fanuc one) for the machine but the only area not covered is the turret!!

Any help on this would be appreciated, slowly losing marbles on this!!!

:cry: :?: :cry: :?: :cry: :?:

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 12 Nov , 2007 13:44 pm

This baraffaldi catalogue may help you work out whats going wrong:
viewtopic.php?p=4259#4259

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Mon 12 Nov , 2007 14:10 pm

It may be worth looking at the toolpost clamp switch/input.

If it is the RH80 toolpost you can get to the small micro switch by removing the circlip on the right hand side. This allows access to the clamp switch & the rotary switch. If it does not send the signal to the control then it wil not complete the toolchange cycle.

The toolpost is one of the only things on the machine that is phase depenable. If you have just bought or moved it then try swapping 2 of the input phases on the mains supply over.

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Lone_Ranger » Mon 12 Nov , 2007 15:13 pm

Martin wrote:It may be worth looking at the toolpost clamp switch/input.

If it is the RH80 toolpost you can get to the small micro switch by removing the circlip on the right hand side. This allows access to the clamp switch & the rotary switch. If it does not send the signal to the control then it wil not complete the toolchange cycle.

The toolpost is one of the only things on the machine that is phase depenable. If you have just bought or moved it then try swapping 2 of the input phases on the mains supply over.
Hi Martin

Thanks for the quick reply, you were spot on!! You are a star!!
Working like a "good `un" now!!!
That was the bit that did the trick :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

WHERE DO I SEND THE BEERS TO :?: :?: :?:

That never occurred to me as everything is fed from transformers so doesn`t appear to be phase dependent.

Thanks also to "Denford Admin" for the info on the turret, haven`t read it all yet but it does look very useful.

Regards
Rob