Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

welpeur
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Mirac 1996
VR Turning

Cyclone TU150P / Fanuc 0T-C parameters

Post by welpeur » Mon 17 Oct , 2011 18:36 pm

We have finally got our TU150P up and running, fitted with Fanuc 0T-C control and a hydraulic chuck and have a few questions re parameters.

We want to

1. over-ride the door switch so that we can run the spindle with door open, is this simply changing diagnostic parameter 458 to 458.1 ?

2. is there a parameter to activate tool wear offsets (currently only geometry shows) ?

3. what is the parameter to stop global variables resetting on power-off and I think (surprisingly) on M30 (will double check) ? Currently, as we have no RS232 connected and the controller has no input key for brackets etc then the only way to use any macro functionality is to set variables in the macro variables page but these definitely delete on power off and I think also after M30?

4. actually, is there any way to input "[" and "(" from the control and also to program in commands such as IF and GOTO etc using the control?

5. pneumatic door operates manually but on M38 it expels a piffle with all the vigour of a great grandmother letting one rip in the middle of a Sunday morning sermon and the door remains closed .. any ideas on how to fix?

And last but certainly not least...

7. where on earth can we get axial toolholders for the Barruldi turret as we only (fortunately!) have 1 ... or do we have to make them?

Thanks very much!

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Cyclone TU150P / Fanuc 0T-C parameters

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 19 Oct , 2011 9:33 am

1. over-ride the door switch so that we can run the spindle with door open, is this simply changing diagnostic parameter 458 to 458.1 ?
Not sure but worth a try - there will be a way of stopping the guard open message for machines that were used within a CIM cell
2. is there a parameter to activate tool wear offsets (currently only geometry shows) ?
It will have been an optional extra - if you have lost your option parameter list then check 906.5 is set
3. what is the parameter to stop global variables resetting on power-off and I think (surprisingly) on M30 (will double check) ? Currently, as we have no RS232 connected and the controller has no input key for brackets etc then the only way to use any macro functionality is to set variables in the macro variables page but these definitely delete on power off and I think also after M30?
You'd need to look through all the parameters to see if there is an option. I imagine there would be a range of variables which were permanent, others dynamic and some read only (like current axis position, active tool etc..), so have a good read of the macro programming sections...
4. actually, is there any way to input "[" and "(" from the control and also to program in commands such as IF and GOTO etc using the control?
if and goto will again be covered in the macro programming section. Not sure we have a .pdf version of the programming manual (there is probably also a macro specific one as well) but there will be something on the net somewhere...
5. pneumatic door operates manually but on M38 it expels a piffle with all the vigour of a great grandmother letting one rip in the middle of a Sunday morning sermon and the door remains closed .. any ideas on how to fix?
Not sure of this one-sounds like the solenoid valve isn't switching properly or has been piped up the wrong way round (check it by pressing it in manually)

Have no idea on Q 7 sorry !

welpeur
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
VR Turning

Post by welpeur » Wed 19 Oct , 2011 19:09 pm

Thank you very much for your help.

If you have a pdf of the manuals referred to then I would be very grateful if you could forward as it would answer some of the other questions and hopefully provide information on the read-only variables as well..

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 20 Oct , 2011 8:56 am

We're not able to publish the Fanuc manuals here but you can find lots of info on the net eg:
http://www.machinetoolhelp.com/Applicat ... mming.html
and although this is a newer control, the macro numbers look the same (IIRC)
http://www.roburbaltia.lv/files/product ... mc_ENG.pdf

welpeur
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
VR Turning

Post by welpeur » Fri 21 Oct , 2011 8:45 am

Thank you. For anyone else's ref I found a link on the web with the pdf for 0, 00, 0-Mate controls if they have unfortunately spilt their coffee on theirs!

I haven't checked the threads yet so the answer may be in here anyway but I need to get the machine hooked up to a PC via the RS232 (ideally using an RS232/ USB convertor otherwise I have to find an old PC somewhere) as I have run out of memory programming at the machine and I can't program macros on there. I haven't set a machine up on RS232 before so an idiot-proof step by step would be a good start and then I'll try and find an idiot as I'm sure to manage to mess it up along the way :) !

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 21 Oct , 2011 8:59 am

Hi,
Please post the link (or email it to me) so I can keep a copy for posterity's sake...

This should help with the RS232 puncher interface:
/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2475

There have also been posts on how to upgrade the memory, but its a pretty dangerous undertaking :?
http://denfordata.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3120

welpeur
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
VR Turning

Post by welpeur » Fri 21 Oct , 2011 11:50 am

This is the link to the manual
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/62426543/Fa ... ice-manual

I have just found something you can definitely help with..I have just written a program to include a a chuck open/ bar pull/ chuck close but the machine stops as stop soon as the chuck opens and won't make the next G01 to pull the bar.

Spindle is stopped obviously. I've tried switching diagnostic setting 457.0 to 1 to no avail.

Please could you advise on how to get this working?

Thanks very much.

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 21 Oct , 2011 12:06 pm

I'm not at all familiar with the logic on that machine - can you bring up the PMC ladder diagram ?
That will help decide if there is a way to stop the chuck open doing a feedhold (*SP is the ladder symbol I think )
also this might be worth trying...
455.7 Chucking sensors issue an alarm

I don't recommend it, but you could always disconnect the chuck open input and the Control will never know it's opened :shock: