Roaring Spindle

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

youngguns3
Hardware/Software: 1988 Cyclone with Fanuc OT-B

Roaring Spindle

Post by youngguns3 » Mon 01 Nov , 2010 17:52 pm

Hi all,

Well, the old beast is up and running now, thanks to everyone's help, including Curtis from CNC Doctors. Turns out we had a bad sensor in the drive motor plus a broken wire going to the sensor (which probably messed up the sensor).

I have another issue to fix (hopefully my last one for a while) and that is a roaring spindle bearing. Does anyone have an exploded diagram. parts list and disassembly / assembly instructions for the Cyclone spindle?

Dang, I just figured out that I need to buy CNC Lathe software : ). Is this a hobby?

Thanks all,

Bill Gillen

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Roaring Spindle

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 02 Nov , 2010 9:46 am

This should help:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3099

youngguns3
Hardware/Software: 1988 Cyclone with Fanuc OT-B

Post by youngguns3 » Tue 02 Nov , 2010 17:59 pm

Hi,

Thank you so much (again) for the help. I used the diagram to help take it apart, and now have new bearings on order. They should be here today or tomorrow. The outside bearing of the double bearing, closest to the chuck, was definitely bad. Reckon it was coolant that messed it up?

I have another question. Is it possible to buy a Cyclone / Fanuc operating manual on this site?

Thanks again,

Bill Gillen

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 03 Nov , 2010 9:56 am

I'm not sure what the legalities are regarding older fanuc .pdf manuals.
I contacted Fanuc recently requesting .pdf manuals and never got a reply (it's worth noting that NUM on the other hand, were very helpful and provided .pdf copies of all the paper manuals we had)
I know there are some floating around the internet and have even managed to find 0A/0B/0C ones on gefanuc sites in the past, but as it's copyright we can't put them on here. If you know the number of the manual it helps when googling for it (eg 61410 was the 0TC parameter manual)

Some get sold on ebay so keep an eye out there as well.

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 03 Nov , 2010 9:59 am

PS, the 0TB operators manual is 60124e