Compact 1000 pro not switching off

All info relating to the Denford Compact 1000 and Compact 1000 Pro small routing machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Ant
Hardware/Software: Denford Microrouter Pro

Latest ver 5 + Q Cam etc

Compact 1000 pro not switching off

Post by Ant » Wed 08 Sep , 2021 20:53 pm

Hi all,

Only just got around to using the Compact 1000 pro in anger since it had a new controller card fitted.

Thanks to Martin, Steve and the team for arranging all of the above and sorting it out for us.

A weird problem Martin at Denford sorted out was that the Conpact Pro was not switching off when the physical switch on the side of the unit was pressed. It became necessary to pull the power lead to get the Compact to shut down.

It was all working well this week until I used my laptop to connect instead of the PC we normally use )the PC and now the Conpact has reverted back to not switching off via the power switch. We can live with it but it does seem odd and I wondered if it has anything to do with USB drivers /comms not sending the right signal to stop a process. BTW - drivers installed from the Denford install CD.

I am guessing here but I cannot think what else is different about the install on the laptop vs the PC.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get the power switch back up and working? Cheers, Tony

ps sorry for any typos - typing this on my phone

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Compact 1000 pro not switching off

Post by Martin » Sat 11 Sep , 2021 14:47 pm

Hi Tony

It can only be a faulty power switch.

Ant
Hardware/Software: Denford Microrouter Pro

Latest ver 5 + Q Cam etc

Re: Compact 1000 pro not switching off

Post by Ant » Wed 15 Sep , 2021 14:53 pm

Hi Martin,

Thanks for responding so promptly.

We fitted a new switch we purchased from you guys months back and got the same result. Then one of you guys (possibly Steve) suggested switching a couple of leads around. This worked for a while and then I used my laptop instead of the dedicated PC recently to do a couple of things and the power switch reverted back to not switching off.

It is a very odd issue and the only way to resolve it is to pull the power cable.

I think, when I was with you a few months ago (whilst you fitted the new controller board), it seemed to behave itself. Although, I do recall it tripping your power a few times, much to the annoyance of your colleagues.

I can live with the problem but just think it is odd that it is happening at all. I suppose what is the real concern is if it affects the emergency stop.

Weird science!

I cannot think how the power could be being held on when switched off - any ideas?

Tony