Setting the offsets

All info relating to the Denford Compact 1000 and Compact 1000 Pro small routing machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

colellir

Setting the offsets

Post by colellir » Tue 09 Sep , 2014 13:54 pm

My Compact 1000 was hooked to a Windows 95. The computer crashed and our IT department updated the hard drive to Windows 7 recently. This required me to upload the newer version on VR Milling V5 and also Quick Cam Pro. The machine is used exclusively to cut our the Formula One race cars for projects and competitions. When I loaded the STL file into the VR Milling software and tried to run the program, the message was to re-set the offsets. I clicked onto the blue question mark to get the directions to do so. I followed the directions over and over again, but when I ran the program again, the machine wanted to start the cutting process at the opposite end of the material. Am I not setting the offsets correctly? Thanks. Rick

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Setting the offsets

Post by Steve » Tue 11 Nov , 2014 7:19 am

Rick, there are several ways to set the offsets for cutting f1 cars. Are you setting the datum at the centre of the CO2 hole in the billet?

What package are you using to create your CNC code? Is it QuickCAM Pro?
Does the simulation in the cam package show the part being cut from the front of the car back towards the co2 hole?

If so this will be the raster angle you have set. Set the raster angle to 270 degrees in quick cam pro