trying to get school CNC miller working...Help required.

All info relating to the Denford Compact 1000 and Compact 1000 Pro small routing machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

tim beighton
Hardware/Software: denford MCR 40
microsoft OS

trying to get school CNC miller working...Help required.

Post by tim beighton » Tue 03 Dec , 2013 14:54 pm

:delirious: I am a temporary technician at a school in sheffield: I have access to a denford MCR 40 enclosed milling/routing machine. I am trying to get to use it, having never used one before! Manual milling? NO problem! but this is gonna take a little time! I assume it is the 'compact 1000' from denford but it has MCR 40 on the side!

The Stand alone PC with VR CNC Milling V5 software on it does work, as I think I have a miller that recognises the PC/USB connection, as the case/compartment door only opens with the machine AND PC 'ON', and I have had a 'little moment' from the 'router unit'/head.

Can anyone help me out?
I need software knowledge and tips on starting up; the support I am giving is for GCSE classes!:)

JSKRABA
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Re: trying to get school CNC miller working...Help required.

Post by JSKRABA » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 20:28 pm

Hi
Call me to discuss, I have Compact 1000 using Vrmilling5 via USB
I may be able to help.
Regards Jan Skraba 01275 846036

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: trying to get school CNC miller working...Help required.

Post by Steve » Tue 10 Dec , 2013 7:56 am

Hi,

The MRC 40 replaced the compact 1000

The manual is available on the VR milling CD.

If you press the F1 key you will get context sensitive help on the active window in the software.

Denford run training courses on using the VR Milling and Cad Cam software. It may be worth calling and trying to get on a course.