2D Design Tools v2 (I think!) line lock?

A forum for issues relating to the use of TechSoft 2D design and Denford CNC machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

holmedwa04

2D Design Tools v2 (I think!) line lock?

Post by holmedwa04 » Sat 01 Mar , 2008 19:26 pm

All

I am a student at Alleynes High School, and we use this software to create simple shapes to cut out on our Boxford CNC router and also sign using our Roland vinyl cutter.

I am also aware that you can cut card developments out and score them. As I am into shape making I have made an icosahedron, which required me to use gridlock and set the grid to isometic spotty paper. But now, I would like to be able to make more complex designs still accurately.

I know how to set the length and angle of a line, but how do I get them to meet exaclty? If I use grid lock I can't get the angle right, and if I don't I cant get them to meet exactly.

Is there such thing as a line lock? A setting to join the ends of lines up? So they are sort of magnetic?
Regards Edward

holmedwa04

Post by holmedwa04 » Sun 02 Mar , 2008 14:57 pm

Its ok, I have found out how to do it. I downloaded a demo, and have had a play with it. I used the attach tool when drawing my lines and I also used radial lock which is useful because you don't have to keep changing the angle of the lines.
Regards Edward