Romaxx CNC router

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Benny
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Romaxx CNC router

Post by Benny » Mon 12 May , 2008 16:03 pm

Customer writes - I am interested in software ( to generate G code) to run a Romaxx CNC router. (romaxx.com) I teach in a middle school, so the program would have to be simple enough for the students to use. Currently I am using PC Draft as my CAD program. I am sending you an attachment with a sample drawing DFX file to see if your software can read it. I also have the specs for the router if you need them, just let me know.
Attachments
test part.zip
(858 Bytes) Downloaded 574 times

Benny
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Benny » Thu 15 May , 2008 16:43 pm

We can run your part virtually in our control software, VR CNC Milling v. 5** , not sure of the compatibility of our control software running your particular machine.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 19 May , 2008 10:34 am

The DXF file can be opened by the Denford software:
VRMilling 5 and QuickCAM 2D or 3D.
Both these bits of software will be able to create G Code programs which may work on the romaxx.

QuickCAM 2D will give the benefit of being able to change to G Code output to suit different machines (via the post processor config file)

As VRMilling 5 will never be able to control to romaxx machine, I suggest that QuickCAM 2D and 3D will be the only options for you.
What we will need is an example gcode program consisting of lines and arcs, which runs OK in the romaxx CNC control software.