Simulation Datum Position

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

boots
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Simulation Datum Position

Post by boots » Wed 02 Apr , 2008 14:17 pm

Is it possible to change the datum position from the Left Front Corner to the Left Rear Corner in the VR Machine, 3D and 2D simulations?

When I run the simulation now, I can see the tool movements in front of the billet, not on it.

The program is being written by hand, not with a CAM package. Customer wants to zero the tool on the back left corner of the part, when looking from the front of the virtual machine. Everything I have ever done has been using the front left corner of the part. Basically, everything I have ever done, runs in the positive x and y. Customer wants to run in the negative y and positive x, if that makes sense to you.

Thanks for the help.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Thu 03 Apr , 2008 14:16 pm

With the simulation Window active there is a Simulation window at the top of the screen.

Select the Datum position option and then select where you want to work from. :D

You can add an offset to allow the datum position to be in the center of the hole of an F1 car for instance. :idea:
Attachments
sim.jpg
sim.jpg (22.49 KiB) Viewed 4170 times
dat pos.jpg
dat pos.jpg (17.32 KiB) Viewed 4170 times