Novamill VR milling 5 (version 5.14). Offsets/homing probs

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

deannelord

Novamill VR milling 5 (version 5.14). Offsets/homing probs

Post by deannelord » Wed 05 Dec , 2007 9:52 am

In a fit of speedy working last week, I accidentally pressed Set x,y,z datum to 0 at current positions whilst only trying to adjust the z setting. At the time the machine was in its 'home' position.

As a result the machine is stuck in the home position. I have tried to restart the machine but it is still trapped at home. When I try to override and jog the machine into the correct position the machine will not do anything. The digits on screen change when home is pressed, and the following message appears:

Homing Error
Machine Error: Axes did not home out within 55.000 seconds you may jog the machine to find the problem.

There is no debris to obstruct any movement, but I cannot even jog the machine in any direction. Currently the settings read x=226.175, y=0.000, z=459.515.

Please help the Novamill and me have always been such good pals until now, Thanks. :x

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 10 Dec , 2007 10:15 am

Not sure what happened here, but it sounds like a fuse has gone.
If you are jogging the machine and the counters are changing, but nothing (XY or Z) is moving then I'd definately look at the fuses first...

sorry for the delay in replying !