Post processor for 1985 Triac (using Bobcad)

Anything to do with configuring CAM systems and Post Processors to run on different CNC machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Grant_robochallenge

Post processor for 1985 Triac (using Bobcad)

Post by Grant_robochallenge » Wed 03 Sep , 2008 22:42 pm

Hey, I have a 1985 (or 1984, cant remember exactly) denford Triac mill. I have bought Bobcad/cam to use with this machine, but i cant find what the post processor for this machine is?
On the Bobcad software i couldnt see any denford processor's so thought it may be an older fanuc system?
Any help would be much appreciated. I dont really want to have to convert the machine to mach 3 as i would like to use the machine as standard every now and then.

Thankyou in advance

Triac whizz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Triac whizz » Thu 04 Sep , 2008 8:15 am

No Idea, but since you brought the s/w from Bobcad I would have thought the first port of call is Bobcad....
Self Catering Lodges in Central France with covered pool & large grounds
www.la-coterie.com

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 04 Sep , 2008 8:45 am

If you can't find any info from BobCAD, try a standard Fanuc 0Mx post

If cycles aren't supported, there should be an option to expand them in the CAM processor.

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Re: Post processor for 1985 Triac (using Bobcad)

Post by Lone_Ranger » Thu 04 Sep , 2008 11:58 am

Grant_robochallenge wrote:Hey, I have a 1985 (or 1984, cant remember exactly) denford Triac mill. I have bought Bobcad/cam to use with this machine, but i cant find what the post processor for this machine is?
On the Bobcad software i couldnt see any denford processor's so thought it may be an older fanuc system?
Any help would be much appreciated. I dont really want to have to convert the machine to mach 3 as i would like to use the machine as standard every now and then.

Thankyou in advance
I have had the BobCAD/CAM V22 software for more than a year and yes the best place to start is with BobCAD, if you have the Manuals for your Denford machine then in them should be a list of all the "G" and "M" codes that apply to your control, if you have any programs in the machine that work or you can write a short one then do all that and send all the info to BobCAD Support support@bobcad.com and they will actually write a Post Processor specifically for your control for free.

If it is the Denford control then I`m not sure if it is Fanuc based or not but most probably is and if you know what you`re doing then it isn`t hard with the BobCAD Mill Post Editor to modify one of the existing Posts to suit your machine control.

I have modified a few Posts for myself and others so I may be able to give you a hand if it doesn`t get too complicated.

BobCAD support Forum is here http://s229444871.onlinehome.us/bobcads ... /index.php

Good luck. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Regards
Rob

Grant_robochallenge

Post by Grant_robochallenge » Fri 05 Sep , 2008 18:06 pm

Thank you very much for that, I am away untill mid next week but i will deffinatly send them a copy of a program and see what they can do for me.
I'll take a look through that forum too! thanks!