Denford Microrouter USB For Sale

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Chucky5516
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Denford Micro Router
VR Milling Ver 5
Vectric Aspire

Denford Microrouter USB For Sale

Post by Chucky5516 » Mon 26 Dec , 2022 15:12 pm

I have a Denford Microrouter for sale. USB connection to PC. Includes Trend Vacumn bed, VR Milling software and licence, laptop, new spindle 'AMB 1050 FME' with metric ER16 collets including 1/4" and 1/8" plus many more. The spindle is just 6 months old and was bought to replace the original Kress spindle that died. I have all the paperwork for the spindle for any guarantee that may carry over.

I have loved using and learning about CNC with this machine and it has served me extremely well. I have replaced the micro switches on the Z axis. Only reason for sale is I am upgrading to a new, bigger machine. This new machine won't be here for 12 weeks so I am tentatively putting out the feelers for a sale as need this machine for work until the new one is on the horizon in a month or two. Would love it to go to someone who would be enthusiastic about it.

I have a few slight issues with the machine which I'll list below for transparency, but I am pretty sure someone experienced or more knowledgeable could fix them:
  • Stalls\skips steps at mid\high feed rate at the far end of the Y axis (480mm onwards). Have had to slow down the feed\jogging feed if needing to machine here. Tried cleaning nuts and lubricating but to no avail.
  • The 'feed rate over ride' switch is quite loose but still works. Will look at fixing that myself before sale as don't think it's big issue.
  • In Summer or high temperatures the machine has tendency to cut out with 'device call error'. I have fixed this by putting fans in the case or opening the case door and aiming a fan at it, but it is something that someone with more knowledge may know about.
[/list]Apart from that it's absolutely fine. I have learned to work around these issues, but if they were fixed you would have a perfect machine. What it probably needs is taking up to Denford for a full service, to iron everything out, I haven't because it hasn't been practical to do so. If you have the knowledge you could service it yourself. They are great machines, and exceptional value now a days. It is 20 years old and still running extremely well. I would still be keeping it if I had the space for this and the new machine. Working capacity is 550mm Y x 270mm X x 80mm Z. That is just the 'cutting' capacity as you can fit 800mm x 400mm boards onto the machine bed.

Message me or post a reply if interested. I am based in the West Midlands.

Chucky5516
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Denford Micro Router
VR Milling Ver 5
Vectric Aspire

Re: Denford Microrouter USB For Sale

Post by Chucky5516 » Tue 10 Jan , 2023 16:38 pm