Denford Starturn 4

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

DC336
Hardware/Software: Denford Starturn 4 running on Linux

Denford Starturn 4

Post by DC336 » Mon 03 Oct , 2022 13:05 pm

I have a Denford Starturn 4 which I bought quite a few years back as a mach 3 converted machine. I had issues with this software and so had the machine converted to Linux. The lathe never got used due me to working away from home a lot and it is basically just taking up room in my workshop. It has a 64 slot encoder plate fitted to the spindle for screw cutting and comes complete with PC, keyboard, mouse ( no monitor) along with 10 off quick change toolholders and associated tool post. 3 jaw chuck. there is also a Tailstock and 3 or 4 indexible tools to get you away and started.
I never got around to learning this machine although I did put a post processor on my Fusion 360 many years back with the intension of doing so.
I have seen the lathe cutting at the time of the conversion and I have played around on it since so I know everything is operational as it should be.
I now have a larger EMCO lathe running on Centroid and so I will now never get around to using the Starturn. I have no appreciation of the market value of such a machine but I am happy to consider sensible offers.
I am unable to answer technical questions regarding electronics etc as this is beyond my knowledge.Photographs can be supplied on request of any particular parts. There is no damage to the machine with the exception of a crack in the perspex guard at the front of the machine. This has no effect on the lathe working obviously. As it was a mach 3 conversion originally I don't see why it could not be returned to such if that is the preference as none of the electronic components were changed. If there is no interest at this price, the lathe will be stripped and scrapped.
This is my first use of the forum and so I assume this will be the first point of contact.
I am based in Manchester, davecoulton336@gmail.com

As an update the asking price is £250