Denford VL-300 and Advantage Extractor For Sale

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

petereggington

Denford VL-300 and Advantage Extractor For Sale

Post by petereggington » Sat 24 Jan , 2015 16:35 pm

HI,

I have for sale a VL-300 and Advantage extractor unit for sale. In what I would consider very good condition.

A bit of background below;

I purchased the Laser Cutter from a school that I worked at as it was closing down about 4 years ago. It was purchased new by another school in 2006 and was there for only a couple of years in use in their D&T department. That school closed down and the laser was moved to another school just down the road (where I purchased it from).

I have had it in my own workshop for about 4 years and it hasn't really been used at all since! There are few minor scratches chips to the outer and the honeycomb bed as black marks from use. (See photo's)

I have been told that it will probably need a new tube as they only last for a certain time, but it does still cut fine. One photo shows a cut done this morning (rectangle in black acrylic) with a silky smooth edge at 1.5% speed. If it is set to cut for say 30 mins the power seems to diminish (a sign of it needing a tube).

I have made a focus height tool for it, copied from another laser we had at school, but I tend to use the auto z feature when I used it. I also have the tube connecting the laser to the extractor but forgot to put it on for the photos.

The extractor runs fine, but the LED's on the front showing status do not seem to work. All fuses have been checked but unsure of problem.

I believe a new VLS-3.5 with extractor and honeycomb bed are around £12000, so I'm asking £4000 Ono for this! I have been quoted about £875 for a new tube from Denford's (may have increased since quotation however).

Item can be seen running/cutting if needed, might even be able to video it possibly!

Please reply on thread if interested or PM me on here and I will get back to you!

Photos below (hopefully!)

Cheers
Pete

petereggington

Re: Denford VL-300 and Advantage Extractor For Sale

Post by petereggington » Sun 01 Feb , 2015 18:26 pm

A few views but no nessages yet so if you'd like to make an offer for this please email me. Price negotiable

petereggington

Post by petereggington » Wed 03 Jun , 2015 17:14 pm

Still for sale. Offers welcome!

dbrockhouse

Post by dbrockhouse » Thu 11 Jun , 2015 21:55 pm

Hi there,

I'm interested in this laser cutter if it's still for sale.
I'll speak to the Head at my school but I don't think we can stretch to £4K. How flexible are you on the price?
Let me know through this forum or email dbrockhouse at carshaltonboys dot org

Cheers

petereggington

Post by petereggington » Thu 11 Jun , 2015 22:35 pm

Hi,

Yeah still for sale. Do you have s rough idea of what you are looking to pay just so I know?

dbrockhouse

Post by dbrockhouse » Fri 12 Jun , 2015 12:43 pm

Hiya,

That's great news. Where are you based? Hopefully not too far from London otherwise it'll be a long old drive! The Head has said he can give us £2k and I am just seeing if we can raise any more. What is your best offer?

dbrockhouse

Post by dbrockhouse » Fri 12 Jun , 2015 18:17 pm

Hi again,

I've tried to raise some more cash but it looks like £2.4k is all we can manage. The trouble is that we can get a brand new HPC or Just Add Sharks for around £3k, however I'd prefer to get another Versalaser. If you can let it go for £2.4k you have a deal and we can collect next week.
Cheers

petereggington

Post by petereggington » Sat 11 Jul , 2015 6:25 am

Now sold and collected!