3 axis mill

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

nthorpey

3 axis mill

Post by nthorpey » Sun 26 Mar , 2006 11:00 am

Hi all, first post on here.

I'm looking at buying a cnc 3 axis small milling machine such as the triac.

Where's the best place to get one, do denford have lists of where their machines are that i can maybe ask to purchase or is it just ebay?

Machine needs to be able to do 3d work and also is poss work from an external pc with network support. it is mainly for small prototype work.

many thanks in advance

nick thorpe

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Sun 26 Mar , 2006 14:06 pm

I can not help you on where to buy a machine but I notice you say you want to cut 3D.
The Denford machines have a range of different controller cards, the oldest are not supported any longer.

If you have a control card with a 7 segment display fitted then the machine can be upgraded to run the lattest software but without upgrading the electronics you will not not gain the advantages.

If the 7 segment display is red the control card can only perform one operation at a time and will move through a 3D program line by line stopping at each point so constantly acellerating and decellerating (never achieving the programmed feed)

If you have the lattest electronics the 7 segment display is green and this board buffers moves in advance and looks ahead for axis reversal etc.

Visit the link below to see the advantages of upgrading to VR Milling 5.

I will ask the administrator to post a document on identification of your machine type.

Upgrading an older machine control to VR Milling 5 and fitting the NextMove ST control card with USN and RS 232 interface costs around £1200 - £1500

http://www.denfordata.com/projectimages ... lling5.pdf