Wanted - Cyclone Transformer Box

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Wanted - Cyclone Transformer Box

Post by Lone_Ranger » Mon 01 Oct , 2007 15:33 pm

Hi, can anybody help me out, I need a transformer box for an early model Cyclone lathe with Fanuc control circa around late 80s early 90s!!

:?: :?: :?:

Triac whizz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Triac whizz » Mon 01 Oct , 2007 16:48 pm

Unfortunately probably more chance finding rocking horse sh*t,
Sounds like you've brought the one that was discussed here viewtopic.php?t=520&highlight=cyclone

and here viewtopic.php?t=537&highlight=cyclone

I'm just curious as to what happened to the box that should go with it.

If you can find a 3ph transformer step down to the right voltage you'll be laughing, the rest is easy if you understand wiring diagrams.

Best bet will be a fanuc spares place, make sure you're sitting down first though....

good luck let us know how the rebuild goes...
Self Catering Lodges in Central France with covered pool & large grounds
www.la-coterie.com

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Lone_Ranger » Tue 02 Oct , 2007 15:12 pm

Apparently the Transformer Box was thrown out when the building the machine was in was being re-furbished and someone thought it was part of the old building electrics :roll: :roll: :roll: (That`s the story I have anyway!!)

Not a problem building one as long as I can get the right bits and diagrams, already got a diagram that may be the right one, need a bit more info on it that`s all.

As for the actual wiring bit that should come back to me, did my time many, many moons ago as a sparks/control panel builder so should be able to sort it!!

Thanks for your input, appreciated.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

P.S. Got a company that builds control panels 2 doors down from me on this industrial estate so they might be able to help me source the bits I will need!!!

Triac whizz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Triac whizz » Tue 02 Oct , 2007 17:01 pm

Apparently the Transformer Box was thrown out when the building the machine was in was being re-furbished and someone thought it was part of the old building electrics
Yeah, sounds believable, some of the muppets around these days :roll:

Maybe you could do the 3phase 70volts (or whatever the drive needs) with 3 transformers, pumping one phase into each, then you need another for the logic side I think.. :? not easy, not cheap - unless you know a man.. :lol:

I'll be interested to see the outcome

Do you know if it worked before hand? otherwise you might be on a hiding to nothing :cry:
Self Catering Lodges in Central France with covered pool & large grounds
www.la-coterie.com

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Lone_Ranger » Wed 03 Oct , 2007 7:01 am

Triac whizz wrote:
Apparently the Transformer Box was thrown out when the building the machine was in was being re-furbished and someone thought it was part of the old building electrics
Yeah, sounds believable, some of the muppets around these days :roll:

Maybe you could do the 3phase 70volts (or whatever the drive needs) with 3 transformers, pumping one phase into each, then you need another for the logic side I think.. :? not easy, not cheap - unless you know a man.. :lol:

I'll be interested to see the outcome

Do you know if it worked before hand? otherwise you might be on a hiding to nothing :cry:

"Muppets" is letting them off lightly, I can think of other more descriptive language for them!!!

Everything is relative, what is "not cheap" if it ends up fully working? Then unless it`s a second mortgage job probably worth it not least as a project that may end up as breaking even or a small profit if I decide to sell it sometime.

As said before I have a drawing of the box, shows all the transformers, 24V PSU, circuit breakers, contactors etc, etc and all the connections to the main control box via the 2 cables (16 & 24 pin connectors) so it`s just a matter of sourcing components with the correct voltages and they look pretty standard to me, for example transformer with 415V 3Phase in and 220V centre tapped out, another is 415V 3 Phase in and 2 voltages out, one at 200V and one at 100V so shouldn`t be too hard!!

I might even be able to do it without making a seperate box, the later version of the control had everything in the one box on the machine, probably due to the use of more modern smaller components, like you say, it will definitely be interesting that`s for sure!!!

Yes, I am told the lathe was working fine before it was seperated from it`s other half, from the sounds of it a pretty "messy" divorce :D :D :D

Attachments
Cyclone B transformer box.pdf
Here is the PDF drawing I have, anyone that has any other drawings I`d appreciate a copy if possible?
(42.37 KiB) Downloaded 667 times

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Wed 03 Oct , 2007 9:42 am

Power Schematic
Attachments
Cyclone B main power schematic.pdf
(43.71 KiB) Downloaded 661 times

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Lone_Ranger » Wed 03 Oct , 2007 11:07 am

bradders wrote:Power Schematic
Thanks "bradders" for the schematic, getting closer, hopefully soon have enough info and a "shopping list" sorted.

I`ll try and post stuff as I go with this if anyone is interested!!