easychange collet wanted

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Andycnc

easychange collet wanted

Post by Andycnc » Tue 12 Apr , 2011 9:32 am

anyone got a 3mm collet for an easychange milling chuck that they'd like to sell? (only need the collet)
Would be interested in other sizes, and in a drill chuck adaptor as well.

Thanks
Andy
25 years as Electronics design Engineer, cnc machines used for manufacture of prototypes. Have Boxford 240tcl and 260vmc, Denford starmill, used to have an Orac. All converted to run Mach3. Happy to try to help with any tech issues.

andyevans

Re: easychange collet wanted

Post by andyevans » Wed 13 Apr , 2011 23:27 pm

Hi Andy - the collets can be had from Chronos for about £10 (Pozilocks) and the drill chuck adaptors from J&L tooling (about £60). I bit the bullet and got an ER32 chuck instead as I already have ER collets and plain shank tooling.

I have been trying to source easychange tooling too :D

Andy

blatter

Post by blatter » Thu 14 Apr , 2011 0:35 am

i think that MSC J/L have them on special this month http://www.mscjlindustrial.co.uk/CGI/INPDFF?PMCTLG=12 try the bottom of page 14.

if you are after cheap ER collets i tend to use http://www.colletsdirect.co.uk/index.asp for 1 offs. for sets i use fleabay and get them from HK. they are manufactured in china. the last batch of 4 BT30 holders i purchased were ordered on thursday and arrived on monday morning, not bad delivery from china. the quality is good as well.

Andycnc

Post by Andycnc » Thu 14 Apr , 2011 10:02 am

Thanks for the replies,

The posilock collets wouldn't fit the standard easychange collet holder- they look a lot more like the vertex set I have for my manual mill.

I'd seen the other easychange collet chuck (Coventry) but it appears to use a different collet style. Think it'll probably be easier to get one of these and use the readily available collets.

For reference, my collet chucks take 'Crawford Collets'.

Thanks again.

Andy
25 years as Electronics design Engineer, cnc machines used for manufacture of prototypes. Have Boxford 240tcl and 260vmc, Denford starmill, used to have an Orac. All converted to run Mach3. Happy to try to help with any tech issues.

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Lone_Ranger » Thu 14 Apr , 2011 19:07 pm

A full range of "Easy Change" toolholder including Weldon end mill holders, ER 16, 20, 25 and 32 collet chucks, face mill holders, Jacobs drill chuck arbors, Morse taper 1,2 and 3 etc, etc.

Go here http://rotagriponline.com/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=29

Andycnc

Post by Andycnc » Fri 15 Apr , 2011 9:25 am

Browsing the links posted here I can now see that the collets I've got are DA20. This seems to be different to the currently available collet holders that take an ER20.

I'll probably go ahead and buy a new collet chuck to allow me to use the ER20s.

Thanks All.

Andy

P.J.SAILS

Post by P.J.SAILS » Sun 17 Apr , 2011 16:06 pm

ah yeah i have the DA collets andy i use the holders in my machine and have a few spares collets
Just to check they are the right DA collets the Dia is 11.5mm and the shoulder is 13.5 in dia sound right??
PETER WILES

Andycnc

Post by Andycnc » Mon 25 Apr , 2011 12:03 pm

Thanks for everyones input. I've been able to determine they are DA collets, and managed to buy some from Ebay, listed as DA200 collets.

Andy

On another note, just finished converting my Starmill to run Mach3 so if anyone needs any pointers let me know. Simple job to do if you keep the drives and most of the original electronics.