Will you donate towards getting manuals scanned in ?

Manuals, Documents and Software downloads related to Denford CNC Machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Would you pay into a document scanning fund ?

Yes - I will pay a couple of quid into it
81%
Yes - I will pay lots of money into it
6%
No - I'm happy for you to work for nothing in your own time
No votes
Yes - if the money is used only for document scanning equipment
6%
I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of advertising instead
6%

Total votes: 16

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Will you donate towards getting manuals scanned in ?

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 27 Jun , 2007 9:47 am

Getting all the manuals scanned in or even photographed is so time consuming and no real benefit to us either.

I wondered if a fund to go towards a document scanner, or maybe just some drinks at christmas would help motivate us

Your thoughts please...
Last edited by Denford Admin on Wed 27 Jun , 2007 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Triac whizz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Triac whizz » Wed 27 Jun , 2007 11:58 am

Do you take euros :lol:

seriously, I'd be more interested if drawings were made available.

I have manuals for mine so it's not really a problem. (must learn to read them ;))

Most of this old stuff now gets upgraded so the sections on PNC control arn't much use so perhaps concetrate on the mechanical side, oils adjustment etc..

How about doing it as a pasword protected area - don't pay you can't view docs.

It's got to be a tenner at least as there's blokes on ebay selling copies of your manuals for that price

What was the number you were thinking of?
Self Catering Lodges in Central France with covered pool & large grounds
www.la-coterie.com

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 27 Jun , 2007 12:06 pm

That guy on ebay charging 9.99 was who I had in mind when thinking about this - think he is selling photocopies as well for that.

We have discussed a private section before, but its hard to know how far to take it - what should be free (software downloads? single drawings?), what should be paid for (old manuals ? full set of drawings for a machine ?)
Plus it means more admin for me :(

I wouldn't like to have someone part with their hard-earned just for me or bradders to do a couple of photos of drawings, on the other hand I can't be bothered to do a whole manual just in case there are a couple of useful pages in it.

Perhaps google adverts are the way to go ?

Ridgeback
Hardware/Software: Denford Triac with original hardware/software
Denford Orac recently updated with Mac3

Re: Will you donate towards getting manuals scanned in ?

Post by Ridgeback » Tue 09 Feb , 2016 0:57 am

Hi Guys,

I can see you have quite a dilemma on your hands regarding charging for all, part or any other configuration of printed matter. I know what I am about to suggest is based purely on trusting your membership, but possibly a solution to this and other docs?

I understand, probably like many others, just how difficult this is, as I am in a fix regarding one of the manuals you have on this site. I refer to the Brown Pestell, Service Handbook, Ac Motor Controllers, Type VF 075/055, VF 075/075, which has ONLY the EVEN pages published. This makes it rather difficult to follow the instruction information when the next page is missing. Is there any chance of this being updated in the near future? I am happy to photograph and upload the relevant pages back to you, at no cost, if you were to forward to me the original document. This original document would be returned to you on completion of the up load.

Thanks,
Ridgeback.

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Will you donate towards getting manuals scanned in ?

Post by Martin » Tue 09 Feb , 2016 11:12 am

The issue is locating a copy of the Brown Pestell manual to scan.