Quickcam 3d

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Rich
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Quickcam 3d

Post by Rich » Wed 09 May , 2007 19:31 pm

Hello,
A question about the depth of cut in quickcam 3d. I made an stl file in prodesktop the max depth of the contour is 1.5 mm I set the depth of cut in quick cam to be 1mm but when the nc file was generated it cut the 1.5mm depth in one pass? I wondered what i might be getting wrong?
Thanks for any help.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 10 May , 2007 9:21 am

In the latest version of QuickCAM 3d (v3) and QuickCAM Pro, the total depth of cut is determined within each machining plan in the Machining Boundary setting for Z
Machining boundaries allow you can create toolpaths confined within a 3D region of the model.
The Step down amount on some plans is there to cut down the material in set depths so as not to cut deeper than the flute length will allow.

The Cut Depth wizard page is where you set the absolute maximum depth of any cuts (effectively ignoring any parts of the model below this point)

Make sure you have the latest versions as they are much improved from the early versions
http://www.website.denford.ltd.uk/suppo ... -downloads

Rich
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by Rich » Thu 10 May , 2007 12:50 pm

I tried downloading qc v3 and followed the instructions about the ini file but on startup the application says no license key?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 10 May , 2007 13:14 pm

Just tried it myself here, and it won't work with the old Flash code either.

Seems like something has changed, and its ignoring the old flash code.

Send your details, name, establishment, address etc.. to
technical [at] denford [dot] co [.] uk and we'll send a new style flash code

Rich
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by Rich » Thu 10 May , 2007 19:28 pm

O.K We will do that, we also have a program, quickCAMmilling (not 'designer') can you tell me if an upgrade is avalable for that program?
Thanks for the help.

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 10 May , 2007 22:31 pm

quickcam 2d design is the replacement for quickcam milling.
I will have to ask about the upgrade cost (if there is one) and let you know.

Rich
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by Rich » Fri 11 May , 2007 19:21 pm

Hello,
thanks for the licence key app works ok now. The only thing (unless I'm missing something) is v3.6 dose'nt appear to let you set a seperate feed for plunging?
Thanks.

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 14 May , 2007 9:23 am

Ahh yes I'd forgotton about that in the old version (it is a few years now since I used it)
It used to run the first full pass at a lower feedrate didn't it ?

I suspect its now gone because the code is basically a restricted version of QuickCAM Pro which has extra different styles of toolpath, where this feature just wouldn't work.