Signal noise / jitter on all axis.

All info relating to the Denford MicroRouter and MicroRouter Pro CNC Routers

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

mike4t1
Hardware/Software: Microrouter Pro

Signal noise / jitter on all axis.

Post by mike4t1 » Sun 24 Feb , 2019 20:04 pm

Hi, have owned a Microrouter pro (2003 NS) for the last year and it’s been a fantastic machine.

Never had any issues until last few weeks when it has developed an intermittent jitter on all axis, leading to random disconnects resulting in transmit buffer full errors.

Even without the RS232 cable connecting to PC, when it powers on it jitters uncontrollably which leads me to believe it’s not PC or cable related. If it jitters and moves to reach a limit switch the limit switch has no effect and it continues to push against the gantry which is pretty nerve racking when it happens.

Have checked all fuses and ensured all wires are seated securely. Been reading the forum and tried just about everything I could find but can’t find my issue listed anywhere.

Estop works as it should. Vacuum pump has never worked since I got it.

Weird thing is, 1 in 10 random tries it powers on fine, connects, jogs around, runs a program and then plays up uncontrollably.

Running out of ideas to try so hoping someone has seen something like this before?

Thanks in advance, I really would miss this machine if it was dead.

mike4t1
Hardware/Software: Microrouter Pro

Re: Signal noise / jitter on all axis.

Post by mike4t1 » Sun 24 Feb , 2019 22:48 pm

Here is a short clip of the issue I am getting.

https://youtu.be/chxVSw8JTnQ

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Signal noise / jitter on all axis.

Post by Martin » Tue 26 Feb , 2019 9:34 am

Looking at the clip the NextMove control is not powering up.

It may be worth unplugging all the connections apart from the power on the bottom right & seeing if something is pulling the control out. If the seven segment LED then turns on plug them back in one by one to locate the fault.