MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Mirac NS / VR Turning
Triac NS / VR Milling

Routine Problem

Post by MauricioTakano » Tue 18 Sep , 2012 21:16 pm

Hi,
I have a TRIAC NS PC running with VR Milling software v. 2.16.3781.
I am having a problem with the routine procedure.
Everytime it starts the routine the software pauses the program and the message "Program paused" appears in red in the bottom of the software. Then I have to hit "play" to continue the program. After hitting "Play" the machine spindle stops.
And this keeps happening everytime it reaches the end of the routine. That is, for every repetition of the routine I have to hit the "Play" button, it doesn't run continuously until the end of the program.
Does anyone knows why does it happen and/or how to fix it?
Thanks.

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Routine Problem

Post by Martin » Wed 19 Sep , 2012 18:08 pm

You should update to VRMilling 2.31. (It's a free download but make sure you have a licence key first).

http://website.denford.ltd.uk/index.php ... -downloads

If you are still having problems attach a copy of the .fnc file.

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Thu 20 Sep , 2012 16:40 pm

Thank you for the answer, I'll try updating the software.

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Fri 21 Sep , 2012 23:34 pm

I tried to update the software, but after updating the software, it won't communicate with the machine anymore.
Even using the same configurations. I even tried to copy the "TRIACNS.ini" file from the old software, but it doesn't communicate anyway.
What could it be?

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Sat 22 Sep , 2012 8:00 am

Have you got the correct machine selected?

Triac NS.

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Tue 25 Sep , 2012 12:43 pm

Yes, everything I checked was correct.
I used the exactly same configuration as I was using with the old software.
Could it be baud rate problem?
The only baud rate that worked in VR Milling 2.16 was 9600, maybe this one should work with a different one?
Or could it be any other configuration problem?

I am attaching a picture of the communications configurations to the message. I don't know what could be wrong.
Thank you.
Attachments
config.png
config.png (35.31 KiB) Viewed 11491 times

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Tue 25 Sep , 2012 21:11 pm

The baud rate should be set to 57600.

If you still have problems try running Mintman.exe or Worchbench.

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Fri 28 Sep , 2012 23:31 pm

I couldn't connect the machine using version 2.31 of the software.
I tried to run Mintman.exe, but it was worthless, 'cause it couldn't connect to the machine.

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Sun 30 Sep , 2012 11:58 am

Soory,

You should be able to search for the CPU using EasyUpgrader which should be on the VRMilling CD.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 01 Oct , 2012 16:47 pm

Are we sure what control this system has ?
Does it have a red, green or orange seven segment display inside the electrical cabinet ?

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Tue 02 Oct , 2012 13:36 pm

The seven segment display inside the electrical cabinet is green.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 02 Oct , 2012 13:49 pm

Have you changed the baudrate back to 57600 in the VR Milling software (for triacNS) ? It won't find a machine at any other baudrate.

If you still can't get it to find the machine I'd get the original CD images and go to the \Utility\ folder
From there, run and install "Workbench 5225 Setup.exe"
When you run workbench click start new project and scan for machine - let us know what this results in.

By the way, it could well be worth un-installing VR Milling and then re-installing again.
If you didn't remove the previous version, the installer can sometimes fail to overwrite or re-add files if it sees they are already there

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Tue 02 Oct , 2012 18:43 pm

Ok, it kindda worked.
I uninstalled the previous software, reinstalled it.
Then I executed "Workbench 5225 Setup.exe".
I ran the program and it was abble to find the machine.
While running Workbench, VR Milling is also abble to find and comunicate with the machine. But if I close Workbench, VR Milling stop comunicating with the machine.
VR Milling comunicates with the machine, however it stills comunicating with a baudrate of 9600 and the message "Machine Status: Not Ready" keeps showing in red and I can´t do anything. It asks to close the guard, but everything is closed and emergency button is not pressed on.

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Tue 02 Oct , 2012 18:54 pm

I also tried to run easyupgrader. After checking my machine it says "your card is not compatible with the very latest software. The bootloader is out of date and cannot be updated with this software. Please contact Denford about updating so you can take advantage of the latest features of the new software. Otherwise you may continue and update to the latest version(s) possible".

And then another message appears: "Your CPLD needs updating - only Denford personnel can do this - contact Denford".

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Tue 02 Oct , 2012 20:43 pm

Where are you located?

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 10:09 am

VR Milling comunicates with the machine, however it stills comunicating with a baudrate of 9600 and the message "Machine Status: Not Ready" keeps showing in red and I can´t do anything. It asks to close the guard, but everything is closed and emergency button is not pressed on.
This sounds like the machine is connected OK and that you have an issue with the Emergency stop circuit...is there a Maximum travel switch on the Z axis ? have you tried to hold in the Limit Override button ? Is the air pressure high enough? (if it has a toolchanger)

I woudn't worry about the CPLD error message - the machine should still work even though it's not the latest firmware.

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 11:52 am

The machine is in Brazil, in a small city called Cornélio Procópio - Paraná.

The air pressure is 6 bar (90 psi).
It connected with the machine now (I pressed the "Guard close" button), but I still have to keep Workbench running for this to workout.
The communication is extremely slow (worse than what it was), it takes really a long time to start moving the axis, and when running a program the machine takes a lot of time to start executing a block (after each block of the program the machine stands still for 2 or 3 seconds before starting the next one).

The machine´s connection issue started with the new version of the software (VR Milling V2.31). Running the old software (VR Milling V2.16) it connects ok with the machine. There were only two problems: 1. The communication was extremely slow; 2. The software was pausing every time a routine was called.
This slow communcation problem used to happen even before when I was running VR Milling 2.16, but now, with the new version of the software, it is worse.

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 12:08 pm

What OS are you using ? Looks like windows 7 ?
I have a feeling something is wrong with the Baldor RS232 drivers.
Problem is that VR milling v2 is not really supported on anything above XP / Windows 2000

Can you try a different PC ? How about another serial (RS232) port...it sounds a bit like there is something else trying to use the serial port that the machine is connected to.

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 14:23 pm

The OS I am using is Windows XP.
This computer is already a new one, the one that was connected to the machine had the same problems (running Windows 98).
The older computer was running VR Milling V2.16 and had the same communications problems.
Then we tried to change the computer to a new one. But the problem continued.
I even tried to use my laptop to communicate with the machine, and the same thing happens (running Windows 7).
The new computer and my laptop need a USB-RS232 converter to connect. But I don´t know if that is the problem or not, because the problem used to happen even before, in the old computer that had a RS232 port.

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 14:44 pm

The new computer and my laptop need a USB-RS232 converter to connect
USB to RS232 convertors are not very reliable at these kinds of speed...the green LED machines run at 57600 baud - regardless of what any other settings are. VRMilling forces the RS232 to be 57600
Most USB-adaptors will work at lower speeds as they were only needed for old connections to terminals or old PDA's with serial ports, however this sytem requires genuine RS232 hardware to run at this speed continuosly without errors.
When the RS232 has an error, then the system will wait and try again, wait and try again..this will cause very slow response from the machine (which it sounds like you have)
The other thing you can check is the quality and length of the RS232 cable it needs to be properly shielded, no nearby electrical interference sources and as short as possible.