Homing Problem on Triac

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Homing Problem on Triac

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 25 May , 2012 9:07 am

I have attached a copy of the wiring diagram
Hi,
That .tif file wouldn't show through the Forum - I don't know how it was created but I'd recommend exporting or saving images to .JPG and keep them at about 1024x768 pixels. If you want more higher detail then .pdf is the way to go.
I've created a .jpg of your drawing which is only 70 Kb whereas the .tif was 2000 Kb (which makes a big difference to our limited server space)

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Fri 25 May , 2012 13:44 pm

You may have a short inside the lube pump. Remove the lid from the pump & check the motor coil & that no wires are shorting to ground.

benners
Hardware/Software: Denford Triac PC
QuickCAM 3D
VR Milling 2.25.3.917

Post by benners » Mon 28 May , 2012 9:13 am

I have had the lube pump housing apart and can see nothing that looks out of the ordinary. I have disconnected the pump motor from the cover and again tried to M3 but the same thing occurs. Just thinking out loud - is that to be expected as there is nothing connected to the wires or is the issue with the motor and not something in between the motor and rack. Is the assumption that this expected behaviour correct?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 28 May , 2012 9:26 am

I have disconnected the pump motor from the cover and again tried to M3 but the same thing occurs
If the motor has been disconnected and you still get a short/current drain then it could be a problem in the connector or a wire that's lost it's insulation.
Quickest way to prove that would be put a new wire from the SGR contact directly to the motor

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Mon 28 May , 2012 12:09 pm

It may also be worth belling out the wire. Just to make sure it is the same wire.