COMPRESSOR FOR TRIAC ATC

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

ricky b

COMPRESSOR FOR TRIAC ATC

Post by ricky b » Thu 15 Mar , 2012 12:06 pm

Hi all, can anyone tell me what the air demand is to run the atc on a Triac and any recommendations on which compressors do the job nicely, preferably a quiet running type!

Thankyou, Rich.

sweep
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Re: COMPRESSOR FOR TRIAC ATC

Post by sweep » Sun 25 Mar , 2012 0:29 am

Hi Rich,
The ATC has very little demand as you are only filling, if I remember correctly, three small cylinders and only the two that drives the carousel in and out and up and down are double acting; the spindle release is air operated but spring return. I don't even have my compressor running as there is usually plenty of air in the receiver. I have a Hydrovane HV02 as I live in a terraced house and it's dead quiet but any small compressor will do as long as it is fitted with an air receiver.

...Sweep

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Lone_Ranger » Mon 26 Mar , 2012 22:23 pm

ricky b wrote:Hi all, can anyone tell me what the air demand is to run the atc on a Triac and any recommendations on which compressors do the job nicely, preferably a quiet running type!

Thankyou, Rich.
I use one of these http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... ressor-524 very, very quiet, the motors are basically like fridge motors and are only a little louder than the average fridge, worth every penny :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Runs all my air guns and a Mill with ATC without any problems.

Regards
Rob
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ricky b

Post by ricky b » Mon 16 Apr , 2012 14:19 pm

Thanks Rob, not logged in for a while, once again thanks!

Rich