How do i install my Nextmove card?

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Wed 22 Feb , 2006 14:57 pm

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Wed 22 Feb , 2006 14:57 pm

1. Turn off the mains supply to the machine
2. Ensure you are statically grounded to avoid any damage to the Nextmove board
3. Open the control box / side panel on the machine tool.
4. Locate the Denstep (Standard mount) Eurostep (Rack mount) card
Rack Mounted
Remove the RS232 cable from the Eurostep board.
Remove ribbon cable from the Eurostep board
Remove the Eurostep board Aluminium securing / retaining bar.
Gently slide the Eurostep board towards yourself and remove from rack.
Locate the Nextmove ES board in the top and bottom guide slots of the rack.
Push the Nextmove ES board into the rack until located firmly in the rear socket on the back plane.
Replace the Aluminium securing / retaining bar.
Replace the ribbon cable into the Nextmove ES board

Find a convenient place in the control box or machine cabinet and make a 27mm Dia hole.
Secure the USB bulkhead fitting by unscrewing it and then relocating it through the 27mm Dia hole, re assemble ensuring it is fitted securely. (The dust cover needs to be external of the control box or machine cabinet)
Connect the short USB cable from the Nextmove ES board to the internal side of the USB bulkhead fitting
Connect the long USB cable from the external side of the USB bulkhead to the USB socket on the PC

Put VR Milling Ver 5 CD in PC
Switch the machine tool on
Windows XP machines should detect USB connection
Follow the on screen instructions
Select the correct machine type and install the VR Milling software
Panel Mounted
Remove the RS232 cable from the Denstep board.
Remove the Denstep board (with the 7 segment display) by removing the 2 retaining screws on the Left hand side of the board. (Note ! 2 spacing pillars will fall out)
Gently pull the Denstep board towards yourself.
Locate the Nextmove ST board on to the 2 sets of socket pins on the Denstep base board
Important ! Ensure that the pins are correctly aligned and that the holes for the retaining screws are correctly aligned
Push the Nextmove ST board onto the pins and ensure it is located firmly.
Replace the 2 pillars and secure the Nextmove ST board with the 2 screws.

Find a convenient place in the control box or machine cabinet and make a 27mm Dia hole.
Secure the USB bulkhead fitting by unscrewing it and then relocating it through the 27mm Dia hole, re assemble ensuring it is fitted securely. (The dust cover needs to be external of the control box or machine cabinet)
Connect the short USB cable from the Nextmove ST board to the internal side of the USB bulkhead fitting
Connect the long USB cable from the external side of the USB bulkhead to the USB socket on the PC

Put VR Milling Ver 5 CD in PC
Switch the machine tool on
Windows XP machines should detect USB connection
Follow the on screen instructions
Select the correct machine type and install the VR Milling software

Note !
If the wrong machine is initially selected when installing VR Milling Ver 5 then go to SETUP on the main menu bar of VR Milling and then SELECT MACHINE and pick a machine off the list.

Note !
If the machine selected has extras fitted i.e. Tool changer, Spindle speed and Feed rate over ride knobs then alterations will need to be made to the machine parameter e.g.
Go to SETUP on the main menu bar of VR Milling and then SETUP MACHINE PARAMETERS. Type in the password denny to access the machine parameters

TOOL CHANGE for adding a Tool Changer
MACHINE CAPABILITY for adding FEED POT and SPEED POT