Emergency Stop Status does not clear

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

boots
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Emergency Stop Status does not clear

Post by boots » Thu 19 Mar , 2009 17:14 pm

Compact 1000

When the E-Stop button is pressed and released, the “Emergency Stop” status stays on in the Control Panel. Machine status does not return to “Ready”.

Pressed and released the E-Stop button several times, turned off the machine and re-booted the computer, "Emergency Stop" Status still shows in the Control Panel.
I checked the status of the 6-pole relay when the E-Stop is pressed and released, the relay and Red LED are operating properly. I used a jumper wire across the signal leads at the E-Stop switch, same problem. I then installed a jumper wire across the E-Stop signal wires at the Control Card connector TB1, this cleared the E-Stop warning in the Control Panel. The problem is in the signal leads to the control card.
I will trace the signal wires and check for a bad or broken connection.

Any other items to look at?

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Fri 20 Mar , 2009 9:20 am

Hi Boots,

This picture may help. Hopefully is may be just a loose wire
Attachments
Compact 1000 E stop.JPG
Compact 1000 E stop.JPG (37.7 KiB) Viewed 4476 times

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Sat 21 Mar , 2009 12:44 pm

Bradders is on the right lines.

On the Compact 1000 we use 2 sets of contacts on the E-stop button.

One set controles the E-Stop relay. The other sends the signal to the Control card.

I assume the E-stop Relay is switching as you press and release the E-Stop?

If this is the case then the problem is with the second contact on the pushbutton.

I have seen the occasional button that is faulty but it could be the crimped connection on the button terminals or at the control card end.

If the relay is switching then I suggest you check the connections at the button end.