Zeroturn Fanuc OT (B) 1987 X axis problem

Any information regarding the Denford ZeroCentre ZeroTurn ZeroBore Fanuc CNC machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Zeroturn Fanuc OT (B) 1987 X axis problem

Post by bradders » Tue 24 Apr , 2007 14:38 pm

I have a Zeroturn Fanuc OT (B) 1987 and the X axis cannot find its X0 position, i.e. it over travels past the X0 position by around 40mm. It does however return to the datum position which is currently set at 165mm.
All microswitches are OK.
I believe it may be a diagnostics problem and need to know the diagnostic number to reset the X0 position. Could you please advise.

Triac whizz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Triac whizz » Tue 24 Apr , 2007 20:06 pm

Hmm, I've only played with the Triac with OM - C control, but I would have though somebodys messed with the parameters, do you have the book for insomniacs?
700 & 704 for X limits 701 & 705 for Z limits 708 & 709 might be of interest too

I presume the switch is being activated?
Self Catering Lodges in Central France with covered pool & large grounds
www.la-coterie.com

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 25 Apr , 2007 9:38 am

I would suspect that its not the home position parameter thats wrong as it takes a bit of knowledge to actually get in and change a paramter, more that an offset has been applied somewhere (workshifts / tool offsets / work offsets) - struggling to remember what options there are, but I'm sure you can offset the whole co-ordinate system somewhere :?

If you really want to change the home position value parameter, I would search the 700+ region parameters for one which looks like the position that is loaded after homing out (either 165.000 or 165000 or 82.500 etc...)