Zerocentre 4th axis

Any information regarding the Denford ZeroCentre ZeroTurn ZeroBore Fanuc CNC machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

GIBo
Hardware/Software: Fanuc om

Zerocentre 4th axis

Post by GIBo » Sun 16 Jun , 2013 22:40 pm

Fairly recently bought a Zerocentre after a bit of a strugle got it to reconise the computer and now running well.
It came with a forth axis having pluged it in I get nothing presume it need "switching on"somehow The machine is S No 8075555 ex Loughbourgh uni the 4th axis looks like its never been used any help gladly appreciated

GIBO

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Zerocentre 4th axis

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 17 Jun , 2013 9:20 am

There are lots of parameters related to the 4th axis but couldn't see any that enable it - couldn't see any 900 option bits either so it could be a standard feature (not an option)
I'd imagine there are some 8000 parameters to set for the 4th axis motor type, see this post:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2514&start=20

PS, I thought GIBO was some kind of acronym so googled it and found an interesting definition :shock:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gibo

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Mon 17 Jun , 2013 17:02 pm

I remember retro-fitting the 4th axis several years ago. I would have documented the parameters at the time. It would have been recorded on a service sheet which may have been discarded in the move. I will not be able to check until friday but will let you know what I find.
I presume the motor parameters are set it just needs to know it has the 4th axis fitted.

GIBo
Hardware/Software: Fanuc om

Post by GIBo » Mon 17 Jun , 2013 23:30 pm

Martin wrote:I remember retro-fitting the 4th axis several years ago. I would have documented the parameters at the time. It would have been recorded on a service sheet which may have been discarded in the move. I will not be able to check until friday but will let you know what I find.
I presume the motor parameters are set it just needs to know it has the 4th axis fitted.
Thanks Martin Think your right in saying the parameter are there only shows XYX on screen
GIBO