5" and 280 castings

All info relating to Viceroy machines - Lathes, sharpedge, drills etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

rpwilson
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: None. I own a pre CNC Denford 280 Synchro lathe.

5" and 280 castings

Post by rpwilson » Wed 03 Sep , 2014 8:38 am

Thanks to Andy, putting drawings on this forum, I've made a pattern for the 280 metric/english translation quadrant, and have nearly finished a pattern for the support brackets for the copying/taper attachment which fits the 5" and the 280. The support bracket casting does both brackets just needs cutting in 2. I'll probably be taking them to the foundry in a couple of weeks, so before I do, is anyone else interested in principle, in having either casting? I don't know the price until I'm there, but based on previous experience it could be around £50 per casting.

Denford apparently used the same casting for both the metric/english and english/metric quadrant, although this did result in one of the pin holes being well out of centre on the casting. I haven't yet checked if mine will also suit the english/metric gear centres, but it should do.

Richard Wilson

Taylon
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Standard PC using Firefox Browser.
Denford Viceroy TDS/PCS version 2 Metric Lathe

Re: 5" and 280 castings

Post by Taylon » Mon 24 Nov , 2014 23:09 pm

Hello,

I'd be interested in having the taper turning bracket casting made. Please PM with further details.

Kindest regards, John R.

rpwilson
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: None. I own a pre CNC Denford 280 Synchro lathe.

Re: 5" and 280 castings

Post by rpwilson » Tue 25 Nov , 2014 0:33 am

Taylon wrote:Hello,

I'd be interested in having the taper turning bracket casting made. Please PM with further details.

Kindest regards, John R.
PM sent.