DNC with a 1986 TRIAC

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Thu 23 Nov , 2006 23:33 pm

Hi Guys...

I'll take a look this evening and see if I can come up with any ideas.
I think I'll be able to come up with something though

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Fri 24 Nov , 2006 12:57 pm

WRONG :cry:

In Machine Transfer mode the software simply sends down whatever is in the editor. It must be the Triac machine that assumes F0 if no feedrate is specified on a line in DNC mode (v poor). So when using Machine transfer you'll have to specify the feed on every block.

I've just been having another look at the Machine Control stuff. I'm willing to create a debugging version to see if I can work out why it isn't working but I'll need you to try it on your machine and get back to me with results (and I can't promis any success ;) Do you want to give it a try?

hpdrifter
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by hpdrifter » Fri 24 Nov , 2006 18:42 pm

No thanks I am sorted now.

I have edited my post processor to add the feeds to each line, this appears to have solved the problem reasonably well.

Thanks for your help!!!!!

davidimurray
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by davidimurray » Fri 24 Nov , 2006 22:29 pm

Hi Mr Magoo

If you wouldn't mind trying to do this that would be great - I quite often find myself snipping up 1000 line bits of codes into little segments so DNC would be very useful.

Cheers

Dave

clarkea1

Post by clarkea1 » Mon 27 Nov , 2006 12:31 pm

Hi Mr Magoo,

As Dave says, we'd be more than willing to be gineau-pigs and test out your new versions etc. A DNC link would be brilliant for us - as a matter of fact we've got a job on the machine at the moment which would be a lot less hassle with DNC working. We're just getting into some "higher speed" machining - i.e. high feedrates and spindle speeds with small depths of cut which, whilst the machine seems to prefer it to large cuts, does make for lengthy programs.

Cheers

Alastair