control supplier : Fanuc
Model : 0M-B
serial no : 8060460
Software version 0415-09

Triac fanuc 0M-B atc and parameter problems

Post by bjornove » Mon 11 Aug , 2014 10:39 am

hello

i have a Triac Fanuc 0M-B machine

bought the machine used from at school that bought it from an old workshop.

i have read through most of the topics on this site that has similar problems witout finding any solutions.

the problem i am having, is that the machine stops at M06 command when i am trying to run a program.
i have tried diffrent ways of puttin the tool in both manually and with the m06 command.
can't get any of them to work. maybe i am doing something wrong or i am missing some parameters.

when we bought the machine it wasn't functioning properly, most likely because of shutdown in edit mode.
does anyone have the default parameter sheet for this machine.
and how do i change the parameters, is there a mode i have to be in.
tried to change a paramter one time but i could'nt save it.
what am i doing wrong.

leaving the machine model and serial at the bottom

Model : Triac Fanuc 0M-B
Serial : 8060460
Software : 0415-09

tsteele
Hardware/Software: Denford Triac Fanuc Serial No. 51220B
Fanuc OM-C Serial No. 3091720
Software Denford-F PLC 3.065J

Re: Triac fanuc 0M-B atc and parameter problems

Post by tsteele » Wed 21 Jan , 2015 11:53 am

Hi Just spotted your post and the following may be of help.

To change any parameters you need to set the mode to MDI and then press the PARM key. On the second page set PWE (parameter write enable) to 1. The machine will throw an alarm, but if you press the PARM key again it will take you to the parameters screen and you can change them. When finished you need to set the PWE value to 0 again. Be VERY careful, you can completely ruin your machine's setup if you get any parameters wrong.

The attached service manual has the list of parameters, but it does not list the diagnostic parameters some of which can be machine specific and normally come on a sheet supplied with the machine.

The full backup and restore procedure is as follows

Backing up the machine data
1. Connect the RS232 cable between the PC and the CNC. Start the communications package that you wish to use. Set the package up to receive the parameter file.
2. Place the machine in EDIT mode with memory protect off. Press the PARM key to display the parameter screen. Verify that the top left corner of the screen reads parameter. While holding the # key in press the green OUTPT key. This will start the parameter file transmitting from the CNC.
3. After the parameters are finished press the PARM key again to display the diagnostics page. Set the PC up to receive the diagnostic file. Hold the # key in and press the green OUTPT key. This will send all of the diagnostics out to the PC.
Some early versions of the 0 control did not allow for the transmitting of the diagnostics. If your machine will not allow this, record the diagnostics manually. Start with diagnostic 300 and record every fifth value. (300, 305, 310, etc.) Do this up to 395. Record all of the 400 and 500 level diagnostics.
4. Set the PC up to receive the programs. We will output all of the programs as one large file. If you are using any 9000 macro programs you must set parameter 10 bit 4 = 0 in order to output these programs. Press the PRGM key until the program page is displayed. Type in O-9999 ( use the letter O not the number 0) and press the green OUTPT key. All of the programs in memory will be transmitted.
The newer versions of Fanuc software make use of an I/O soft key. This key is located under the CRT on the machine tool. If your machine has it press the I/O soft key then type in O-9999. After this press the PUNCH soft key. This will transmit the programs.
5. If you wish, you can also output the tool offset data. To do so set the PC up to receive the file. Display the tool offset page and press the green OUTPT key. Note that the work offsets will be recorded with the parameters when they are output.
6. There are several items that should be recorded manually. These include any macro variables in the 500 or above range. You should also record all of the 900 parameters. These will be needed when reinstalling the memory.
Now you have all of the data backed up your safe. Well, maybe not. You may wish to look at the data using a standard text editor. Make sure that all of the information looks proper without any unusual characters in it. It can be a royal pain if you go to restore the data only to find out that it wasn't saved properly on the PC. Copy the files you saved to a disk for additional protection. You don't want a hard drive crash on your computer causing you to redo everything.

Restoring Memory on Fanuc 0
1. Hold the RESET and DELETE key while powering up. This will erase all memory in the machine!
2. The machine will power up with a number of alarms. Press the e-stop button in.
3. Press the PARM key- go to parameter 900 and enter parameters 900 through 917. A "000" alarm appears after entering the first parameter. Just go back to parameters and enter the values for 901. After you enter parameter 901 a message will appear asking you to delete the memory area. Press the DELETE key.
4. Enter the remainder of the 900 parameters. When finished verify all parameters were entered correctly.
5. Power machine down for 10 seconds then power up
6. Go to parameter page #1 in MDI mode and set ISO = 1
7. Page down to parameter #2 Enter 0000 0000 for one stop bit. Use 0000 0001 for two stop bits.
8. Go to parameter # 552 set it to 10 for a baud rate of 4800. Set it to 11 for a baud rate of 9600.
9. Place machine in edit mode with the memory protect key off. With the parameter screen displayed push the INPUT key. LSK should appear in the lower right corner of the CRT.
10. From the PC transmit the parameter file to the CNC. The LSK flashing on the CRT should change to INPUT. After the file starts transmitting. It will take several minutes to read the file.
11. Power the machine down and up again. Verify parameter 2 bit 0 and parameter 552.
12. Go to the first page of the parameters and set the machine to the increment system you wish to use, inch or metric.
13. Go to diagnostic page- Verify Diagnostics is displayed in the upper left corner of the CRT.
14. Hold EOB in and push INPUT. Transfer the diagnostics file to the CNC.
15. Verify that parameter 10 bit 4 = 0 Floyds Knobs, IN. 47119
16. Go to Edit mode and push the PGRM key. Push the Input key and LSK should start flashing on the CRT. Transfer the program file to the CNC. If the screen has the I/O soft key push it then the READ key. LSK will appear. Transfer the program file. When finished go back to parameters and set parameter 10 bit 4 = 1. After this set PWE=0. Push reset to clear the alarm (must be in MDI mode)
17. Verify the inch/metric setting on the first parameter page.
18. Push the OFFSET key until tool offsets are displayed. Press input. LSK will appear Transfer the offset file. Verify all offsets. (This will only work if you have the G10 option setting.)
19. Enter any extended work offsets P1-P8 by hand.
20. Power down Power up holding the LQP and CANCEL key. Move away form home position several inches and zero out at 25% rapid.
21. You should be ready to operate the machine. I know it sounds like a lot of steps but it certainly beats programming all of those parts again.

Hope this helps.
Attachments
triac-fanuc-om-service-manual.pdf
(4.23 MiB) Downloaded 1141 times

bjornove
Hardware/Software: Model : Triac fanuc
Machine Serial No : E0 3543
Orginal customer : Bachke Maskin
Order No 3415
control supplier : Fanuc
Model : 0M-B
serial no : 8060460
Software version 0415-09

Re: Triac fanuc 0M-B atc and parameter problems

Post by bjornove » Wed 21 Jan , 2015 19:26 pm

hello and thank you for the reply

since i posted this, i found out what was bothering the M06 command. it was the missing parameter on ATC. after telling the machine it has an ATC the problem went away.
the issue i have now is that is that the ATC won't stop turning, most likely because of bad sensor. vut it casuse the machine to go into a new halt until i delete the command.

another issue i got is the problem to transfer data between the computer and machine.
it gets to the fourth line and then gives me a p/s alarm(don't remeber the nr but it means bad file command) so what i need now is the translater for gcode for Triac fanuc machine(the general one dosen't do the trick)