Z Axis feed problem

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Richard Evans
Hardware/Software: TriacPC/Mach3

Z Axis feed problem

Post by Richard Evans » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 14:39 pm

My Triac has performed perfectly since I bought it, running on Mach 3. It has however just shown a problem on the z axis. Whilst standing idle, it lost position and the feed became very slow- so slow that you could hear each tick of the stepper even on a rapid move. The Mach screen showed the usual rapid speed. Restarting Mach did not fix it, neither did restarting the PC. However, restarting the Triac sent things back to normal.

Any ideas?

I should add that this is not a hobby- the machine is a very important part of my woodwind instrument workshop- so I am now thinking of ditching the entire control system and replacing it with a modern setup. I did a simple refit on my Orac without problems (but without spindle control) but I realise the TRiac is much more complex- is it possible to buy a system more or less ready to plug in?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Richard

angel-tech
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: .....
4 Quatros
3 Oracs
2 Easiturn atc
12 station lathe atc
Mach 3

Re: Z Axis feed problem

Post by angel-tech » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 16:05 pm

Hi Richard, I may be able to help you.

I've pm'ed you my contact details.

Richard Evans
Hardware/Software: TriacPC/Mach3

Re: Z Axis feed problem

Post by Richard Evans » Wed 18 Sep , 2013 12:14 pm

Had a useful chat with Tom, thanks for that.
I had a pendant plugged in at the time which might possibly be the cause of the problem. Also had the dreaded blue screen on the PC once or twice, I might swap that for a start.

Richard