EMERGENCY!! need dip switch settings for tool changer

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

-=PAB=-
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by -=PAB=- » Wed 04 Oct , 2006 19:22 pm

cant seem to find the correct combo even tho i spent hours going through one by one.. NEE want to charge me £195 plus vat before they will even consider helping me for a basic support contract and wont supply a manual to the electrical board for less than £100 plus vat..!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!:

thanks alot! complete rip off..

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 04 Oct , 2006 21:12 pm

It looks like Denford never had much to do with this board, so NEE will be your last chance.

I reckon £100 is a fair price for a manual of this vintage -
You've got to consider that someone with better things to do, will have to go searching through the archives, photocopy the (possibly) only copy of the manual, and ship it out to you.
I reckon your only other alternative would be to make your own control logic on a PIC chip or similar and patch it into the tool stepper drive (I take it this board controlled the carousel indexing stepper and the solenoid valves ?)

I'll take another look round work tomorrow anyway

davidimurray
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by davidimurray » Thu 05 Oct , 2006 8:33 am

Pab - sounds like your having a bit of a nightmare.

Unfortunately none of the diagrams I've seen have any info on the toolchanger. Have you tried running the diagnostic tets in the maintenance manual I posted a while back - just in case it is something else.

Have you tried CNCzone or perhaps one of the Mach3 forums asking for info. Might find some other owners.

Good luck with you search - I will see if I can find anything but I don't hold out much hope.

Cheers

Dave