Refurbish Viceroy T.D.S 1/1 G.B

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

dazz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: Viceroy TDS 1/1GB lathe, Imperial, stripped down and rebuilt.
Viceroy Taper/Tracer attachment, Shop made cross slide tracer attachment, VSD.

Refurbish Viceroy T.D.S 1/1 G.B

Post by dazz » Sat 09 Sep , 2006 8:40 am

To the Moderator

I'd like to start a thread based on my efforts to refurbish my newly aquired Viceroy lathe. It's around 25 years old. I am planning to do a strip-down, clean, reassemble and adjust where practical with the basic tools I have to hand. My motive for posting this to the Denford site are two-fold. Firstly, this might be of interest to others. Secondly, I am hoping that I will be able to ask other members/viewers of the forum for advice if needed.

To run this thread, I will need to be able to insert images into messages. I don't have a website to allow me to provide an http URL. Does the forum support inclusion of images and how can I do this?
Regards

Dazz

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Sat 09 Sep , 2006 19:20 pm

hmm... not sure this PHPBB stuff allows users to upload images - I'll look into it - there may be a "mod" which I can install.

I've seen other forum users upload and link to images they have stored on free sites like http://photobucket.com/
maybe also try http://www.flickr.com/

Another way of getting free image space would be to open a MySpace (or similar) account

I'm going to add a few new sections, so I'll put your stuff in a new one - how do you think it will work ? ie, a photo and log every day, or a weekly / monthly upload of whats happened ?

dazz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: Viceroy TDS 1/1GB lathe, Imperial, stripped down and rebuilt.
Viceroy Taper/Tracer attachment, Shop made cross slide tracer attachment, VSD.

Post by dazz » Sat 09 Sep , 2006 21:45 pm

Hi

I'd prefer not to used a 3rd party site because the links could change, or the site could disappear.

I was just planning on providing a photo record with some explanitory notes as I make progress. I've already begun to strip down the lathe. The apron is in pieces on my bench. I've completed a modification to fit an electric coolant pump powered by a modified computer power supply. I've taken photos as I've gone along.
Regards

Dazz

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Sun 10 Sep , 2006 16:46 pm

I've found a mod which I just need to install when I get time (its not so straight-forward unfortunately) it'll allow all kinds of attachments to be added to a post, with space limits per user.

Keep checking back for a new section in the next few days :)