Triac Fanuc Query

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Triac whizz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Triac Fanuc Query

Post by Triac whizz » Sat 26 Aug , 2006 20:23 pm

I'm just going to rip out the memory card and plonk in some more memory (as you do) 128K - double a sinclar spectrum! :lol:

It's a OM-C control

Now I see on the card there's a couple of chips with your logo on so it's reasonable to asume that they're your making. my question is this, are these eproms that are not going to forget everything they know when I take the power away? I guess they hold info on doing a tool change etc as I don't have any macros on the system.

Is there anything different from a standard? Fanuc I need to back up?
Self Catering Lodges in Central France with covered pool & large grounds
www.la-coterie.com

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Sun 27 Aug , 2006 17:01 pm

The two chips 0E1 and 0E2 will be 256K(?) Eproms for the PLC (logic) - they probably will have our stickers on and a firmware version number.

As you guess - they won't lose anything when your fiddlin around.

The diagnostic bits MUST be recorded as well as all your parameters, offsets etc.... the diag bits hold counter / timer data and options that turn stuff on and off in the PLC.

Not sure - but are there any "keep relay" settings on the OMC ? these would also need noting down if you can find them.

I guess you know you should write down the 900 option parameters ? - and you'll have to change one of these to enable the additional memory :wink:

Triac whizz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Triac whizz » Sun 27 Aug , 2006 19:29 pm

Done that

Did you know you can back up the 900 parameters?

Press EOB and output start at the same time 8)

"keep relay" settings... hmm not come across that one, nor heard of it before so I guess there ain't any :?

The 900 parameters - I don't think there's many that are as it left your factory :lol:

There's not many parameters to juggle with to find the extra memory so I guess I'll find it fairly quickly :wink:
Self Catering Lodges in Central France with covered pool & large grounds
www.la-coterie.com

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Sun 27 Aug , 2006 21:30 pm

Great tip about backing up the 900 params - I whish I'd known that 10 years ago :roll:

Here's a tip on setting the Triac 0MC diagnostics when restarting from a RAM clearout...

- Reload your parameters first

- Re-enter diagnostics from 450 to 470 only
- set diagnostic 453 bit 0 to 1
- Turn the control off then back on

Setting 453.0 to a 1 will reset all the other diagnostics such as counters, timers etc. to (Denford) factory defaults - save a lot of typing :!: :!:
Turning off and on will reset D453.0 back to 0

(It's a Denford thing so doesn't work on other peoples machines :( )