gotten worse 1986 triac monitor failure and now keyboard

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

1 Off Industries

gotten worse 1986 triac monitor failure and now keyboard

Post by 1 Off Industries » Wed 05 May , 2010 1:53 am

My situation has gotten worse. I found a loose ground wire, one of the five near the rear panel. I unhooked them and cleaned them and reconnected them. Ever since then I have just a green screen on the external monitor and my keyboard no longer works. My keyboard by the way is a regular computer keyboard wired into the circuit board. It was working fine though until then. Is it possible a bad ground could cause these problems?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: gotten worse 1986 triac monitor failure and now keyboard

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 05 May , 2010 9:18 am

I'm guessing that something else has come loose as well.

Do you mean that someone has replaced the original membrane keypad with a PC one and somehow wired up the matrix ?
I think some photos would help as well

1 Off Industries

Post by 1 Off Industries » Thu 06 May , 2010 3:33 am

The ground wire i found was only loose not unhooked and yes i have a computer keyboard that was wired in when i bought the machine. Everything was working great. It is a 1986 triac SERIAL # EO 2654/1. It was working great but now the crt and monitor doesn't display anything. I have checked the 12v power and cable from PLV going to the KME MB12 board and thats good. Also have done self diagnostic tests. I was getting no response on the X test on either monitor but got results on G test a and b on the ext. monitor. I got the flashing square and the square with circle and cross hairs. I am confused why i got results only on ext. monitor I thought they would both recieve the same signal as when it was working they displayed the same info. I have the manual and schematics. If anyone can advise me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Main circuit board is Issue 2. I have checked that all plugs are connected. i am stuck and dont know where to look next. do you think its a bad ic chip, the circuit board itself, or a bad cable.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 06 May , 2010 10:02 am

From what you've said, I'd be concentrating on checking the relevant wiring - loose pins, corroded connections, broken wires touching earth/shields etc, etc

Because the keyboard has stopped and it seems the monitors work intermittently depending on what's being displayed I think it must be something common to them all - power supply, voltage levels, Gnd/0v connections. Try unplugging stuff to see if other things start working again.

1 Off Industries

Post by 1 Off Industries » Fri 07 May , 2010 1:10 am

Ok i will do some more checking thanks for all the help.