BUTTON 55 PRESSED ?

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

sopysnipe01

BUTTON 55 PRESSED ?

Post by sopysnipe01 » Thu 11 Feb , 2010 15:51 pm

I have recently bought an old Triac cnc mill which appears to have had little use, when I bought it, it appeared to work OK however the other day when I turned it on the message button 55 pressed "or pressed button 55" appeared on the screens & now I can't get it to do anything, I have tried pressing the reset button & also turning it off & on again to see if this would put matters to right, but to no avail. Can any one please tell me what is wrong with it.
All suggestions would be greatfully received.
Cheer's.
Bob. :?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: BUTTON 55 PRESSED ?

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 11 Feb , 2010 16:12 pm

This other post looks like the exact same problem (it showed 55 pressed on his machine)
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2507&p=9124#p9124

If you post a reply to that thread, the original poster may be able to tell you how he fixed it (unless of course he has recently sold it on :roll: )

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Thu 11 Feb , 2010 17:48 pm

Can you tell by pressing the other buttons which one it is?

sopysnipe01

Post by sopysnipe01 » Thu 11 Feb , 2010 22:56 pm

Martin wrote:Can you tell by pressing the other buttons which one it is?
No, nothing appears to happen when I press the buttons, even the drive power light does not come on, it has not had a chance to get wet nor was it bounced around in the van when I picked it up from the college, its a complete mistery as to whats gone wrong, I only hope that it can be fixed easily or I have just lost rather a lot of money :cry:
Cheer's.
Bob.

alanhende

Post by alanhende » Fri 09 Apr , 2010 14:38 pm

Hi Martin,
I am an expert on all the early Denford controllers (Easimill,Easilathe & Triacs) as I worked for many years for the original manufacturer North East Electronics.
In my experience, the chips controlling the keyboard used to fail causing this message. You could try unplugging the 2 connectors from keyboard to the main board. If the error message goes away, then it is the keyboard at fault. If the fault is still there then it will be the chips.

Hope this helps..

Alan

sopysnipe01

Post by sopysnipe01 » Fri 09 Apr , 2010 16:41 pm

alanhende wrote:Hi Martin,
I am an expert on all the early Denford controllers (Easimill,Easilathe & Triacs) as I worked for many years for the original manufacturer North East Electronics.
In my experience, the chips controlling the keyboard used to fail causing this message. You could try unplugging the 2 connectors from keyboard to the main board. If the error message goes away, then it is the keyboard at fault. If the fault is still there then it will be the chips.

Hope this helps..

Alan
Hi Alan
Do you by any chance know anyone who can convert/update my Triac to run Mach 3 or similar "at a reasonable price" ?.
Cheer's.
Bob.