triac mill

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Birkbeck

triac mill

Post by Birkbeck » Wed 26 Apr , 2006 10:47 am

Hi Folks,

Alan Birkbeck from the University of Glasgow Engineering department. We have a triac milling machine which I use to cut out specimen for testing and this has been very sucessfull ove thr past number of years. Unfortunately the last programme I wrote which is just a variation on and existing programme which runs perfectly but this one does not seem to want to play. The zero was set at the bottom left corner as in all the other programmes and it runs perfectly on the simulation but when you run the programme on the actual machine the tool does not go to the zero position, the X & Z axis appear to be ok but the Y axis is out and also the tool does not run the full length of the specimen. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. :cry:

Yours aye,

Alan B.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 26 Apr , 2006 11:32 am

Alan,

Can you cut and paste the program into the forum - or is it classified ?

When you say wont run the full length of the specimen - is that in the X or Y axis ?

Not knowing the machine or control software, I can only guess:
1. Could the Y axis be scaled somehow ?
2. Could the Y axis stepper be stalling as it moves to the 0,0,0 point ? - try reducing feedrate
3. Could there be an additional offset/edgmove which doesn't show up in simulation but is active when running the machine?

Cheers

Birkbeck

Post by Birkbeck » Tue 09 May , 2006 10:28 am

Hi Sorry for the delay in responding been away working else where, how do i post the programme to the forum I will try and do it but may need help. The tool will not run in either x or y axis could the override have anything to do with it as i have just noticed it is telling me %100 override

Yours aye,

Alan B. :oops:

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 09 May , 2006 10:48 am

The override could be a factor.
Simulation would probably ignore feedrates or overrides and look OK until you try it for real.

I'm not sure now what the problem is, when you're saying X or Y will not run - could it be that the first move is trying to get to a position outside the limits of the machine ?

You can simply copy (CTRL-C) and paste (CTRL-V) the program from any text editor (eg notepad/wordpad) into one of these subject reply boxes.