Drip Feed

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Enny

Drip Feed

Post by Enny » Wed 12 Apr , 2006 19:30 pm

Hello

How can i use the drip feed mode to handle larger programs?
There is a program dripfeed.exe in the DOS software download section's driver.zip. How is the usage of this one and how can i insert it in my heiden.go?
I hope you understand what i mean.

Regards

Enny

(Clearly the best way to solve all of my problems is the upgrade. But i have no permission from my Treasury Secretary! ;-) )

Machine Data:
Model: TRIAC VMC
SerialNo.: EO 4026
DespatchDate: Feb 1992
ExportNo.: 4026
Voltage 220 F.L.C 11Amp 50Hz 1PH
Control Voltage 24V Light Voltage 12V
Main Motor 1HP 0,75 DC PH
SerialNo. Of Electrics: 0001285

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Drip feed

Post by Martin » Wed 12 Apr , 2006 21:42 pm

Hi,

It sounds like you are running DOS software.

You need to place the program on a disc or copy it to the hard disc drive if there is one.

Next load the program as normal.
You will get a message saying that the program is too large.
from there if you press reset the program name will change in the top left & you can then cycle start. It will then drip feed.

Enny

Post by Enny » Thu 13 Apr , 2006 17:08 pm

Hello Martin

Sorry, i forgot this information. Yes i'm running the dos software with the Heidenhain DTT.
Not sure about this: "You need to place the program on a disc or copy it to the hard disc drive if there is one."
You mean the program that contains the tool path!?
This is the normal way i go, what i didn't know was to press the Cycle Start button after the Reset! Up to now i divided the programs manually to execute them.
I will try out after the feasts.
What was that "dripfeed.exe" supposed to be?

Regards
Enny

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Wed 19 Apr , 2006 12:57 pm

Hi Enny

The DRIPFEED.EXE program was developed to to run on a seperate computer, which in turn can be used to dripfeed a CNC program to the machines computer via an RS232 link.
It's tricky to setup and requires 3 serial ports on the machine computer (1x machine link, 1x DTT link, 1x DripFeed link) plus an additional PC to do the dripfeeding.

The "reading a program directly from disk" option that Martin suggests above is the better option (for your info, this has nothing to do with the serial DRIPFEED.EXE program!)

:shock:

Enny

Post by Enny » Sun 04 Jun , 2006 17:16 pm

Hi there,

me again.
I know all should work like Martin wrote.
My machine use the V1.86 "Denford Heiden Milling Software". If the program is to large to execute i get an message. I press reset and what then happens is that the program will loaded as much as fits the memory and all the rest will cut off and not executed. The loaded part runs fine and after this it stops as normal program end. No colour change of program name etc. .
On my XP system works the version 2.120a of the software. This version works as Martin wrote. But i found no way to run the soft on the machine computer to use as control software. (the 1.86 wont work on the xp so i have two different versions with strong distinctions for cad and cam. I tried the same .go files both systems).
I will use the V2.120a on the machine! How should i do that?

Regards
Enny

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Wed 07 Jun , 2006 22:32 pm

Hi Enny...

You are correct.
Your v1.86 can only be used on a machine
Your v2.120 will only run as Offline sotfware

This has nothing to do with the version number but instead is simply to do with the type of software you have.
Denford made two variations of the HEIDEN.EXE program, one for offline, one for machine control, but they were both called HEIDEN.EXE :? (confusing)

The obvious answer is that you need a v2.xx HEIDEN.EXE that controls a machine. I can supply this.

BUT I think there may be another problem. I think that the v2.xx software will not work on your Triac because of an EPROM conflict (the v2 in the software version indicates a hardware change so v2.xx software will not run on a v1.xx machine). I will locate the v2.xx Heiden-Triac software files and send to Denfords for them to place on their website, but be aware that this may not work on your machine.

Good Luck!
:shock:

jmini

Post by jmini » Tue 20 Jun , 2006 23:07 pm

Hi Enny

I use v1.88 of heiden.exe and this will drip feed as steve described
except the file name to be run apears in the top right hand corner
this version has run a file of approx 20,000 lines with no problems
If it is of any help I can send you a copy

Jmini

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 21 Jun , 2006 9:02 am

If v1.88 works, then send Denford Admin a copy and I can put it in the DOS downloads

Enny

Post by Enny » Wed 21 Jun , 2006 17:52 pm

Hi there;

as expected the 2.x version will not work on the machine:

"error <50> mint controller not connected".

@jmini:
if you would send me this version, i will be indebted to you! :D
It will dissolve some of my problems.
I'm also interested on your eprom trials. have you some data's to the type of eprom you use and to the procedure?

Regards

Enny

Enny

Post by Enny » Fri 23 Jun , 2006 17:47 pm

Hi Jmini!

Thanx for the soft, drip feed will work (tried out with over 10000 lines).
I couldn't not run the soft, as you supplied, on the machine even though i used my *.go and *.opt files.
Any suggestions?
After some trials i just copied your 1.88-heiden.app file to the 1.86 directory and it runs.
During the drip feed tests wasn't possible to start the program in the normal way. The control skipping each time the M03 and all moving are like in an slowing override.
When i start the program via the single step button it runs. As soon the spindle turns i switch off single step mode and the program will run to the end (so far without tool change).

Thanks again for the soft

Enny