Triac ATC - operating language

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

sweep
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Triac ATC - operating language

Post by sweep » Tue 11 Dec , 2007 12:39 pm

I wasn't really sure if the title best describes my post but I can't think of a better word than 'language' as I am writing this.

My ATC, serial number 001, is connected to the Triac by means of a 5pin DIN plug and also a multi-pin parallel plug. After opening up these plugs I found that only 2 or 3 pins are utilised on each plug.
The ATC works fine at the moment but as I am wanting to run the whole thing from Mach3 I wondered if anyone knows what 'instructions' are transmitted from the Triac to the ATC to choose the tool number and instigate the tool change procedure, etc? I suppose I could run the whole ATC from a MOD I/O but it seems a bit silly as all the controls are there already in the two small panels and I just need to know how to talk to it.

Merry Christmas

...Sweep

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 14 Dec , 2007 10:22 am

From the little bits of info and drawings I have found in the past (while searching for PABs DIP switch settings :!: ), I seem to think the ATC was controlled by some kind of serial bus command structure.

Magoo might have a better idea, but if it were me I would look into re-doing the control yourself - Toolchangers must be a common issue with Mach3 - someone must do a cheap / DIY microcontroller IO card that can work with Mach 3 ?

The triac ATC's only problem is with false readings from the Geneva CAM - this input will need debouncing and filtering to get a good revolution count (if its anything like the recent Triac ATCs)