Triac Data link

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

shakey j

Triac Data link

Post by shakey j » Sun 26 Mar , 2006 12:42 pm

I'm trying to get my machine to talk to a PC, the best I've got so far is the program will load to the PC only if I hold the back space key down?? Then the file will not load back to the machine.

Any ideas?

I am using Teraterm pro
7 bit word
1 stop bit
even parity
baud rate 4800 (as machine setting)

The only thing I am not sure about is the ASCII do I have to change a seting in teraterm so save the file as this?

Thanks,

Mark

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Mon 27 Mar , 2006 10:52 am

The PNC3 controller in the Triac had a wierd setup with the RS232 recieve input connection into the Triac machine.

- When reading a program into the Triac it receives characters on it's RS232 receive input pin (on the 7 pin plug at the back of the machine) as you would expect

- But when sending a program out, the Triac uses its receive input as a hardware handshake line.

So you're options are...

1) make 2 seperate cables, one wired for sending a program, one for receiving (the receiving cable should have the Triac receive pin connected to the PCs hardware handshake output - sorry but I can't remember the pin numbers to use)

2) have your teraterm comms s/ware set it's transmit line to be permanenlty in a mark condition (or space - again I can't remember which) to get the triac to send it's data out.