TRIAC Homing Problem

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Enny

TRIAC Homing Problem

Post by Enny » Tue 03 Jul , 2007 20:50 pm

Hi all:

Following problem:

Homing Z and X axis proceeded always normally.
The Y axis drives in the direction of Home. The engine stops shortly before reach the Homing position and a terrible noise hands in (approximately comparable a 500?Hz sound). If i move the Y axis before homing byond this point (shortly before the end switch) manually, the Homing goes without problems. At the first appearance the Homing was after push the reset button interrupted, all Achs displays went on zero. The process only can with emergency button interrupted now. The fault appeared suddenly during the work. The machine was unobserved and an error message was announced. Unfortunately, I do not reject the wording any more. Perhaps chippings has blocked the way of the axis.

What could be the cause?
How could I eliminate the mistake?

Regards

Enny

Using DOS Heiden-Soft V1.86 on 1991 TRIAC-VMC(ATC). No modifications on it.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Wed 04 Jul , 2007 14:56 pm

Hi,

I assume you have a stepper controlled system. It sounds like the slide is driving to home and hitting resistance and stalling.

You sy if you move beyond this point it will home. How have you moved beyond the point it stalls.

Is the slide lubricated.

With the machine in e-stop or powered off the motors are de energised. if you manually turn the ballscrew the slide will move.

Try manually turning the screw and see if the slight tightens up at the point you get the noise.

If so check for a mechanical problem, lubricate the slides adjust the jib strips etc.

Enny

Post by Enny » Wed 04 Jul , 2007 18:35 pm

Hi Steve!

Thanks for your answer.
I move the axis with help of an aluminium tube over the ball screw bearing neck. I can't feel more resistance than on the rest of the slide way. The slides looks clean ad lubricated.
Right hand beside the Y limit switch is an little part that looks like a proximity switch to me. What is this and what is his job?

Regards

Enny

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 05 Jul , 2007 12:30 pm

If you see two switches under the Y axis, then:
one must be Emergency limit switch
one must be Home position (move on quickly, back off slowly)

It could be that the proximety switch is the home switch, and this is not always seeing the actuator - it works when you manually move to home position, but maybe misses it during the faster homing approach, and hits the emergency limit / mechanical dead stop.

You could try adjusting the height of the proximety switch.