Orac replace jaw

All info relating to the Denford ORAC CNC lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

gabrygtt
Hardware/Software: Denford orac

Orac replace jaw

Post by gabrygtt » Tue 27 Oct , 2015 10:21 am

Hi guys!

I have a problem ... i need a replacement inside jaws for my Yamakawa 100mm chuck... Does anyone know where i can buy them? thanks

Gabriele

Ridgeback
Hardware/Software: Denford Triac with original hardware/software
Denford Orac recently updated with Mac3

Re: Orac replace jaw

Post by Ridgeback » Sun 01 Nov , 2015 23:00 pm

Hi Gabriele,

Not sure if this is going to be of help to you, but there are two complete Orac Yamakawa chucks, with mounting plates, for sale on Ebay at the moment. They are in the States which could be a problem though. The numbers to dial in are 261876064686 and 390750269950.
Keep turning.

Cheers Colin.

gabrygtt
Hardware/Software: Denford orac

Post by gabrygtt » Tue 03 Nov , 2015 11:16 am

Hi, thanks a lot for the tips..i saw there in ebay.. but are too expensive for a used chuck..

Winthorpe
Hardware/Software: Orac (2)
Triac
Triac PC

Post by Winthorpe » Sun 11 Jun , 2017 4:58 am

There are some current import chucks with jaws that fit very well. I went by Little Machine Shop with some smaller chucks that were missing sets just to see if they had anything that would work, and that was the only match I had. It was with one of their 100mm 3 jaw chucks. I didn't mike anything, but the scroll pitch, thickness and height was a match and it fit in the slot tight but smooth, like a new jaw. There was no side to side or up and down play by feel. I don't have the exact part number, but I remember they told me around 01/17 they switched to a different supplier, but had some extra still in stock. He wouldn't tell me the supplier, and there was no brand on them. The jaws were @ $50 per set, the chuck with both sets were @ $100 at the time. If you have an importer like them near you, you might want to take your chuck in or call them and get some dimensions.