Microrouter axes counter increments but axes do not move

Post by bradders » Thu 23 Feb , 2006 11:31 am

Microrouter axes counter increments but axes do not move

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Thu 23 Feb , 2006 11:32 am

Q.“Microrouter Axes counter increments but axes do not move”

A.Check the Axis Drive Transformer fuse (F2 6.3A) and the Axis Drive fuse (F5 6.3A)

A. Switch the Machine off for at least 2 minutes this will reset the drives if they have tripped

A. Are there any illuminated LED’s on the drive boards (May not be on all drive boards)

A. If the stepper motors “Chatter” then the wrong machine is probably selected e.g. Microrouter Pro as opposed to a Microrouter. Check the name of the machine on the Serial No plate

A.On the older DENSTEP cards there is a 6.3A fuse. Check this as not blown

Large519
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: Denford Triac PNC3
FeatureCam - CADCAM
Delcam Powershape

Re: Microrouter axes counter increments but axes do not move

Post by Large519 » Thu 09 Oct , 2014 13:28 pm

Hi Bradders,

I am having issues with the x axis drive on my microrouter pro, I have gone through your check list but still a problem.
The fuses are fine, switched the machine off, when ON, there are only LED's lit on the Y and Z axis, and the Y and Z axis move ok, X axis moves ok when you plug the respective cable block's into another drive.

I have checked the power supply to the board upto the block connector and this is ok, but no power to the board as the LED's arent lit.
How do the drives trip?? and is there a manual trip switch on the board?? I cant see any visible damage to the board either.

bradders wrote:
A.Check the Axis Drive Transformer fuse (F2 6.3A) and the Axis Drive fuse (F5 6.3A)
A. Switch the Machine off for at least 2 minutes this will reset the drives if they have tripped
A. Are there any illuminated LED’s on the drive boards (May not be on all drive boards)
A. If the stepper motors “Chatter” then the wrong machine is probably selected e.g. Microrouter Pro as opposed to a Microrouter. Check the name of the machine on the Serial No plate
A.On the older DENSTEP cards there is a 6.3A fuse. Check this as not blown