My CNC micromill is not starting properly - Possible Blown F

All info relating to the Denford MicroMill and MicroTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Benny
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Benny » Thu 14 Feb , 2008 14:18 pm

My CNC micromill is not starting properly. When the machine button is clicked the following message comes on “Make sure the machine is switched on and the RS-232 cable is connected correctly”

This machine cable has not been disconnected. I've tried turning the machine off and back on to see if this solves the problem, but it doesn't.

Benny
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Benny » Thu 14 Feb , 2008 14:19 pm

In the VR Milling software, which machine is selected? On the top left corner of the window "Virtual Reality CNC Milling ??"

In the back of the machine, with the power on is a LED Display, what is on the display? Usually an 8, 2 or - What color is the display, red or green?

On the front panel of the machine is there a switch to turn the spindle motor "On/Off"?

Do the cabinet light and cooling fan come on when the machine is powered up?

Benny
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Benny » Thu 14 Feb , 2008 14:20 pm

The front panel has a switch to turn the spindle "On/Off". The cabinet light did not come on when the machine is powered up.

Benny
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Benny » Thu 14 Feb , 2008 14:20 pm

There maybe a fuse that has blown. Unplug the machine from the wall. You will need to remove the back panel of the machine and check the fuses. The fuses are in light gray flip-up fuse holders in the lower left. (Some machines have black screw in fuse holders.) Check each fuse, and replace with the same amp value fuse or lower. The fuse values are stamped on the cap of each fuse (Small print). You can get replacements at Radio Shack, 3.15 amp P/N 270-1065, 6.30 amp P/N 270-1068. The 10 amp fuses are hard to find, you can use a 6.3 amp fuse in its place.

Power the machine up before replacing the back panel and see what is on the LED Display and the color.