Easiturn 3 spindle forward and reverse control

All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Russellpalmer

Easiturn 3 spindle forward and reverse control

Post by Russellpalmer » Fri 01 Feb , 2013 0:35 am

Hi all

my old KEB combivert has given up, so rather than get it repaired ive now bought a modern inverter drive one of the teco drives

ive got it semi wired up, eg can control the speed via the PNC3 and start and stop the motor but have not sorted the FWD and REV control of the motor as i can't seem to find out how the control of this is done?

I have 4 wires left over

white wire 58
black wire 59
white wire 59
white wire 71

out of these left over wires i can't seem to get any voltages, anybody have any idea how to get some kind of reverse signal from them? and what is the -24V is this from the old inverter to signal the PNC3?

its quite :delirious: so any help is appreciated

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Easiturn 3 spindle forward and reverse control

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 01 Feb , 2013 10:12 am

It looks like 58 will be Reverse (Spindle CCW) and 59 is Run+Forward (which also activates the Forward input on the old drive)
59 is probably energised whether running forward or reverse.
58 will energise only when reverse is programmed.

Not sure what voltages those outputs are..possibly 24VDc?. I'd get a meter on those wires and see if you can see what you get between 0VDc and 58 + 59 when you start the spindle CW and CCW (M03,M04)
Then you'll probably need to drive a couple of relays...one for Run+CW and the other for Reverse - it all depends how the new drive reverses - it may have a reverse input or you may need to swap the polarity of the analogue speed command.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Fri 01 Feb , 2013 12:26 pm

I dont think the turn ever had a reversing spindle. The output is available on the nextmove but you would probably have to have it operate a relay which reverses the polarity of the 10V analog.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 01 Feb , 2013 12:28 pm

Steve wrote:I dont think the turn ever had a reversing spindle. The output is available on the nextmove but you would probably have to have it operate a relay which reverses the polarity of the 10V analog.
This is a PNC3 control

Russellpalmer

Post by Russellpalmer » Fri 01 Feb , 2013 17:28 pm

all sorted now and working great!

basically black wire 59 we attached to the 12V output from the new inverter, as this wire is attached to a relay (we didnt know at the time) which then comes back down 58, which we put through a separate relay,

giving relay not energised , this powered the fwd on the new inverter,

relay energised (by the reverse signal on pnc3) this powered the rev on the new inverter

works a treat after tweeking the settings on the new inverter.