PCB schematic needed

All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

rickturner646
Hardware/Software: Easiturn 3

PCB schematic needed

Post by rickturner646 » Fri 01 Apr , 2011 14:50 pm

Is it possible for one of you nice folks at Denford to upload the wiring schematic (and/or any other info that might still exist) for one of the PCB's on the Easiturn lathe, please? There is no info for this particular board in the set of schematics already uploaded, the manual, or the parts list, and nothing I can find by searching either.

The board is labelled "PCB 207" and is located in the back electrical compartment along with the inverter (Combivert) and its PCB (the "magnetic panel"). It's got its own transformer and takes 240v input from lines 5 and 6 which are the axis power; so, it comes alive when this button is pressed.

PCB 207 appears from the labelling on the output terminal block to control the interlocks ("INT LOCK"), the homing switches ("PROX SW") and a joystick ("JOYSTK"). I'm having trouble with the first two, and suspect this board is the cause - I have found anomalies in the voltage readings I get. The board's 24v line is at 17v, the 18v line fluctuates between 0 and 16v, and what I suspect are supposed to be 12v output lines are at 10v. The input is good at 240v, so either the transformer is dud or the voltage regulator might simply need adjusting.

Before I fiddle I'd like to know what the board is supposed to do and any voltage etc settings that it should have, hence this request...

Any info greatfully appreciated, as always!

Regards

Rick

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: PCB schematic needed

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 01 Apr , 2011 15:05 pm

is this a PNC2 or 3 control ? or something else even ?

rickturner646

Post by rickturner646 » Fri 01 Apr , 2011 15:53 pm

The machine was fitted with PNC3, but this board is in with the power systems at the back of the lathe. There are some TTL logic chips on the board though, so it may well be something to do with the PNC3 system.

Beyond that, there is little in the way of useful markings.

Rick

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 01 Apr , 2011 16:38 pm

There may be some more electrical info in this i've just uploaded:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=3267

We're pretty much getting to the end of the info that was scanned in (before being binned)

rickturner646

Post by rickturner646 » Fri 01 Apr , 2011 18:20 pm

Thanks.... I'll have to go through this - it's a 'dense' document....

Rick

rickturner646

Post by rickturner646 » Fri 01 Apr , 2011 20:47 pm

It's not in that PNC3 document, but I have solved the mystery of what the board does, which explains why at least. By the simple expedient of disconnecting the PCB power, I found that the board is the controller for the Pratt-Burnerd air chuck that the lathe is fitted with.

If you have any data on this, it would be useful for the future, but it's also clear that the reason for my misbehaving proximity switches and interlocks must lie elsewhere!

Thanks for the help...

Rick

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 04 Apr , 2011 9:02 am

Sorry I've nothing on the Pratt control board at all.

rickturner646

Post by rickturner646 » Mon 04 Apr , 2011 9:13 am

thanks for looking....

Somebody at Pratt is kindly looking to see if they have any info. If I get any, I'll post it here for anybody that wants it.

Rick

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 04 Apr , 2011 9:35 am

Please do, in the meantime I've posted what I did find:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3269

rickturner646

Post by rickturner646 » Wed 13 Apr , 2011 18:13 pm

I've uploaded one new doc - the Pratt-Burnerd chuck installation, operations and maintenance manual. I've added it to your thread (in the previous post) to keep the two together.

Rick

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 14 Apr , 2011 8:43 am

Thanks for that Rick :)