Easiturn z axis drive fault

All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

stevewatson

Easiturn z axis drive fault

Post by stevewatson » Sun 12 Apr , 2009 15:15 pm

Hi can anyone help

I have an easiturn 3 with z axis drive fault. I ve had the machine running but went to zero the machine the other day and it came up with this fault. I ve taken the cover off the control and the second red light is on on the z drive board, reading the manual this means there is a power supply problem. I ve checked all the fuses. Any ideas on what to do next would be appreaciated.

Some other questions i have:

Is it ok to run the machine on a normal 13 amp socket?

what is the best software to use when using a rs232 to communicate with the pnc. Cheers Steve

stevewatson

Post by stevewatson » Thu 23 Apr , 2009 21:31 pm

I ve swapped X axis drive board with Z axis drive board and green light comes on so i am guessing its a fault with the drive. Ow dear! Anybody no of any common problems with these as i dont no where to start.

Cheers Steve

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 24 Apr , 2009 10:07 am

I'd start with a good close inspection of the solder joints, tracks, connectors and chip sockets.
Unless a component has failed, its likely down to the age of the card...corrosion, dry joints, cracks etc..
I've also heard that removing and replacing a socketed IC has fixed a drive card in the past :o

stevewatson

Post by stevewatson » Tue 28 Apr , 2009 21:06 pm

Thanks for the reply. Ive gone over both circuit boards with a fine tooth combe but cant see any visible damage i.e cracks or dry solder. I swapped the small board off the faulty drive with the board off the one that works and both drives work fine using that so now know thats the fault but dont no where to go from here. any body no where to get a replacement circuit board or the whole drive from at a reasonable price .

Cheers Steve

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 29 Apr , 2009 8:40 am

Place an ad in the classified section here and keep an eye on ebay.
There must be plenty of EasiTURN users who've upgraded to newer drives and control and still have the bits left over
A post on www.cnczone.com might reach a wider audience.