Turret position alarm

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Emimec
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Turret position alarm

Post by Emimec » Mon 26 Nov , 2012 23:08 pm

As per usual, new job, so machine decides to act up.
I seem to have problems again with turret rotation, it doesnt like tool postion 5, and sometimes tool position 4. Sometimes it doesnt lock in postion. It will work rotate and lock down for about 5 times after first switch on, then alarms out, sometimes a full restart cures it for a couple of times, then continual problems after. We did strip and clean this once, worked ok, but seem to have forgotten how we did it.
I cant remember where the coolant can seep into on the Barrifaldi 80, can anyone advise please, recal there is a green stator or something. I did look at previous posts, getting tired of this machine due to the unrealiabillity
bob

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Turret position alarm

Post by Martin » Mon 26 Nov , 2012 23:41 pm

Is it a RH-80 or A TOE-80?

I presume it's the RH-80. If so remove the cerclip that holds the end plate in position on the right hand side & the position switch should be facing you. Coolant can get in if the flexible conduit is damaged or loose.

Emimec
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Emimec » Tue 27 Nov , 2012 8:05 am

Many Thanks. Its the RH-80
I'll look tonight.
Regards
Bob

Emimec
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Emimec » Tue 27 Nov , 2012 23:00 pm

Seems the problem was one of the 2 screws that hold the flat drive key under the encoder had fallen out. This allowed the 2 sliding keys to misalign. Cleaned all the muck out and reassembled. Turret doesnt rotate at all now, seems to jamb up. I think the 2 sliding keys or dogs are not in the right place, the spring between them was compressed when we reassembled, must need to be open, so will strip down again tomorrow and try again.