Denford cyclone (Fanuc) info

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

black8898
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Re: Denford cyclone (Fanuc) info

Post by black8898 » Thu 24 Sep , 2009 12:55 pm

Cheers for the info much appreciated after re-entering all main parameters again have got the air operated door and chuck working but whereas before the machine booted up but door etc did not work this time machine will not boot but door etc do , now I have checked double checked and again re-entered all main parameters again manually and check them so many times it is making my eyes sore but cannot get machine to boot as soon as machine is turned on it goes directly to a black screen with the message Not Ready Alarm and will not go any further apart from setting parameters etc , I have reset the PWE from 1 back to 0 so tat it is disabled and cannot think of anything else to try , have you any other info or advice that might help ??
Alan

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Thu 24 Sep , 2009 14:19 pm

Have you got the Emergency Stop button pressed in?
Is one of the Axis sat on a software limit? ( press & hold the Axis Limit Switch Overide & jog away)

black8898
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by black8898 » Thu 24 Sep , 2009 22:40 pm

Hi to everyone who helped me overcome the self inflicted problems that I had with my Cyclone thankfully with all your help the machine has sprung back into life , must be more careful with what I do next time , again thanks for all your help
Alan

Bakes144

Post by Bakes144 » Wed 21 Nov , 2012 18:38 pm

Hi all. This forum has been very helpful trying to get my Cyclone (1990) going. I (stupidly) changed parameters to my SENIOR (Also Fanuc OT) thinking this would solve a tool changer problem... oh how wrong I was! I am looking for the parameters for this machine (OT-A?) and maybe diagnositcs? I've never played around with them but perhaps this needs looking at? Currently this machine's Z-Axis simply jumps when it's powered up and gived me a 420 alarm. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, I'm really stuck!

Paul

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 22 Nov , 2012 10:36 am

I'd guess that there is something wrong with the motor feedback - either a failed encoder, dodgy connection or broken wire. The motor drive could also be faulty.
Try to rule things out by swapping motors with another axis, swapping cables etc...

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 22 Nov , 2012 10:38 am

Unless... did the fault has started after you altered some parameters by mistake ??

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Lone_Ranger » Thu 22 Nov , 2012 11:54 am

Bakes144

Post by Bakes144 » Thu 22 Nov , 2012 12:04 pm

Yes the problem started after a changed some parameters... Apparently you put the 900 parameters in first then the others?
Thanks for the parameters but they are for Senior, I need cyclone. Anybody got the 900 parameters for a Cyclone Fanuc OT-A? (1990)

Thanks for the replies, will look at motor connections and get back to you.

Paul

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 22 Nov , 2012 13:47 pm

Have you lost all the parameters ?
You should set 900 parameters first because there are some relating to memory size - changing those will wipe everything.
Once that's done you can enter the others.
There are some parameters here:
http://denfordata.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2977

Bakes144

Post by Bakes144 » Sat 24 Nov , 2012 9:42 am

I swapped the axis boards on my cyclone and the jumping (420 alarm) swapped to the x-axis. No idea which board it is but will get them checked out. Hopefully wont be too expensive...x

Bakes144

Post by Bakes144 » Thu 13 Dec , 2012 18:13 pm

I have had the boards checked out & there doesn't appear to be anything obvious wrong... Even though the fault changes when you move the boards, could it still be a parameter issue?

Thanks

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 14 Dec , 2012 17:06 pm

could it still be a parameter issue?
It depends on what you mean by swapping the boards...you just have to go through a process of elimination and work out whether the issue is with:
Control (ie parameters or electronics)
'
Cables to drive
'
Control board of drive
'
Power section of drive
'
Cables to motor
'
Motor
eg, if you swap the cables at the drives between say X and Y axis and the problem moves then it must be a Control or Cable issue. If issue stays with the axis then you can assume the Control and Drive cables are OK.
Doing this kind of test is not always straight forward though because axes are setup differently and may run off or vibrate etc... hopefully the drive and motor types between the swapped axes are similar.