Edgecam turning post

Anything to do with configuring CAM systems and Post Processors to run on different CNC machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Dodds
Hardware/Software: Novamill
Mach3

Edgecam turning post

Post by Dodds » Tue 23 Jan , 2018 18:08 pm

Can anyone help me please? I use edgecam to create programs for my Novamill and use the Denford postprocessor supplied on the forum here to generate the code.

Now I have a Novaturn I would like to use Edgecam for that as well! Except I don't have a suitable turning post. I have no idea how to make a post myself and so was wondering if anyone has a suitable Edgecam turning post they can share. Any other ideas welcome. :D

David

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: Starturn 5 (sort of running, I will get this done!)
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
FANUC offline and online programs.
Microrouter Pro NS V5 (microstep)
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
Techsoft 2d Design tools V1 > V2
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

Re: Edgecam turning post

Post by TDIPower » Tue 23 Jan , 2018 21:47 pm

I have the early turning design program which is very limited in its ability, I also bought the current quickturn program direct from denford. I haven't been able to spend as much time as I would like 'honing' the set up of it for my machine and trying to get my head round how settings are created/stored and their actual effects on the final code. I have tried to use 'supplied' settings for my machine (starturn 5) but it seems somewhat over zealous on the amount it wants to be cutting (almost stalling the motor!!)

Both these programs allow you design and produce the G code.

If you email/PM me a simple file in DXF and let me know what tools you have in which location on the tool post (if you have and ATC) Ill see if I can POST it for you so you can try a code from the current version.

I am going to look into using Fusion 360 for Lathe work as I use that for Mill work and you can POST within it

Pete

Dodds
Hardware/Software: Novamill
Mach3

Post by Dodds » Thu 25 Jan , 2018 23:13 pm

Thank you for responding to my questions pete and for the information we have shared via PM. Much appreciated!

Just to let everyone know I am still looking for a Denford lathe postprocessor!! My Novaturn runs on VR Turning.

David

anthonymace
Hardware/Software: keyboard and mouse

Post by anthonymace » Fri 01 May , 2020 16:35 pm

Sharp & Fellows Inc. has been in business as a railroad contracting company since 1877. Specializing in railroad track construction, maintenance, inspection and lubrication, design, demolition, and special projects. Our main goal is to continue to exceed all customer expectations and railroad service needs. With two locations to better serve you in Los Angeles and San Bernardino, our company is the right one for you.